G monk mobieus mp3pimp or any bandpass gurus got ?'s for u

Participant count
  • Participant list

tigerh4rf
10+ year member

If u build a fourth order bp in a large wall say 12 10s would each chamber need to be seperate from others no common chamber and tune each single box to freq of ported chamber meaning each chamber would all have different volumes as u get closer to ported

Wall side? in theory if u put all subs in common chamber each sub will act differently the closer u get to the ported wall surface?would this not be true?so now I have each individual box tuned to res freq of ride and each box has different volumes but

IF you do a common chamber every sub is sharing the same space so they will all be in an equal environment.

If you do seperate chambers then the subs closest to teh vertex will have a smaller volume then ones all the way out, therefore each sub to be tuned the same would have different port dimensions and they would each respond different and handle power differently.

Do a common chamber.

I was going to do each box sealed and each tuned to 55hz each box will have different volumes as it gets closer to wall ported surface then I will change the baffle to equal 55hz subs should be more efficient in seperate chambers I believe will

No because even if each seperate chamber is tuned the same it wont be the same volume.

A 12" sub in a 1 cubic foot box tuned to 55 Hz will not react the same as a 12" in a 1.5 cubic foot box tuned to 55 Hz.

You need to do a common chamber before you really **** up some equipment, and waste a lot of money.

You could tune every seperate chamber to 55 but the volume difference will cause the problems.

wow

dude just dont i dont think u even grasp the concept of what a 24db 4th order even is lol just do a wall or a huge box and save the headache worst is correct you are not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tigerh4rf

10+ year member
tigerh4rf
tupelo,ms
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from