Ft1 tweeters

I'm getting ready to buy some crescendo ft1 tweeters and I just had a few questions. They offer a 8 ohm version and a 4 ohm version. I'm planning on running these tweets to a 4 channel amp, but I'm confused about the 8 ohm version how could I run these to an amp? Cuz I don't think you can wire tweeters in parallel to get a final 4 ohm load?? So my main concern and question would be how would I run a 8ohm tweeter to a 4ohm amp?

Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated!

I'm getting ready to buy some crescendo ft1 tweeters and I just had a few questions. They offer a 8 ohm version and a 4 ohm version. I'm planning on running these tweets to a 4 channel amp, but I'm confused about the 8 ohm version how could I run these to an amp? Cuz I don't think you can wire tweeters in parallel to get a final 4 ohm load?? So my main concern and question would be how would I run a 8ohm tweeter to a 4ohm amp?

Thanks for any help it is greatly appreciated!
if you run 4 total, two on each side, those two can be wired parallel and achieve 4 ohms. If not you'll be stuck at 8 ohms.

I would highly not advise getting super tweeters unless you have an active capable head unit. NOT amp but HEAD UNIT. very #@$%@#$ important. Basically if you dont have an active capable head unit, you get garbage results with super tweeters no matter what. Plain and simple.

My vote is for the sts-1 silk domes if you must have crescendo. I have 4 in each door and love them. Super clean sounding and only 80$ or so for a pair with crossovers.

Unless your goal is to make souls bleed and be loud as ballz and sound completely like garbage with your highs then ft1 is the way to go.
actually with the right tools you can literally make the ft-1s sound like the sts -1. It just takes tuning skill and a proper head unit. I've performed miracles on ft-1s and many other super tweets.

actually with the right tools you can literally make the ft-1s sound like the sts -1. It just takes tuning skill and a proper head unit. I've performed miracles on ft-1s and many other super tweets.
I would love to hear your front stage sometime, I bet it really bangs on mid bass with two tens in each door ?

Ill see If I can find an old video of my 4 PWX 10s. The midbass was very impressive with them.

EDIT: Video I found was terrible quality from the phone mic and a pretty shitty video.. NVM lol

I second this. I love mine.
they sound decent but to keep up with bigger setups, you need more than one pair because they reach their limits pretty easy lol. Massive ct-2s can pull ahead when you feed 150-200 watts and they only cost 50 dollars and the massive are more natural sounding, better 12khz and up response. Just my opinion after being able to play with both.

Ill see If I can find an old video of my 4 PWX 10s. The midbass was very impressive with them.

EDIT: Video I found was terrible quality from the phone mic and a pretty shitty video.. NVM lol
lol yeah dude even with a newer phone, i cant put my volume past a certain point before the phone mic takes a complete dump so I had to record with the volume 6 clicks away from normal full tilt otherwise its pure static. Literally subwoofers in the doors. I need to record a video with the high pass off one of these days playing 28hz drops with them haha, its pretty gnarly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.