FS Shocker Neo sig 12" D2.8

Participant count
  • Participant list

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Item(s) for Sale:

Shocker Neo Sig 12" Dual 2.8 ohm copper coil, new Shocker spider (very stiff), carbon fiber/Kevlar dustcap, new-old-stock Shocker cone.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Only 50 neo sig motors were ever made. I have 4 more here and I doubt the other 45 are coming up for sale any time soon (if ever). All OEM shocker softparts and Ill include an extra coil, cone, and spider pack. The new shocker spider packs are really sweet and these old American made Hawley cones are quite nice. To the best of my knowledge my spare cone is the last of the original 12" cones made for these. Choice of D1.4 or D2.8 copper or D2.8 aluminum for the extra coil.

Duscap has some crazing on it (I used some clearcoat on the dustcap which looked good for a while then went downhill). Functional and unique. It's glued on way too well to pry it off and replace so you're stuck with it. TC Sounds decal could peel off if you care.

Rated for 1200W continuous power. I've run this one off my JBL/Crown 6K alone and as a pair (the other one is torn down) so mechanically it's solid, but if you're a bean-bag you will break it.

Neo sigs generally gain close to 1dB over ceramic sig and by all accounts really outperform ceramic once you get into really extreme power levels. The tradeoff is it's peaky. You'll want this in 3-4 cube and it'll peak either right at or a couple cycles above wherever you tune it. I have TS Parameters from when it was new somewhere and possibly even broken-in specs.

Price:

850$ shipped CONUS with the extra softparts. Competitor price on the motors when these were made was 1000$, there are very few in existence, and with the price of neodymium you'll never get as much neo in one woofer elsewhere.

Need money to pay for some land. No trades (well possibly 18" LMS 5400 no other sizes original softparts only), and no lowball offers. I'll sell other toys before I take a penny less for this.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping included in price.

Item Pictures:

DSC03860_zps1c1ec0f8.jpg

(the one on the left)

Yeah, it's an old pic. I'm really busy this week.

:mad:Dude u know i want this! Ive been trying to talk u out of one of those neo sigs for a while... and now u post it up for sell a week after i have my 1st child //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

:mad:Dude u know i want this! Ive been trying to talk u out of one of those neo sigs for a while... and now u post it up for sell a week after i have my 1st child //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif
Had a now-or-never deal come up on 10 acres across the street, if you asked me a week ago I'd tell you I'm never selling, but I have to get some toys gone to make my cash flow right after buying this land and if I don't buy the land this week someone else will.

Mmm, **** moofers and Zed setup.
Minotaurs won't be for sale. I will be posting the JBL/Crown and some other Zeds at some point next week I think.

I hate the big chunk out of the top plate otherwise id bought this right when you had listed it. Still for sale or did u get the land you wanted?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.