FS: NEC 42" Plasma TV

2002XLT
5,000+ posts

Thats right bishes...
H-Town, TX
Model # PX-42VP4DA

I have a few of these left that are in good condition and work fully, show picture. Do have burn-in though.

would rather local pickup but if you want to pay shipping you can.

$250 + shipping shipping is going to be about 75 bucks, so ill say $325 shipped, if its more then that ill eat it.

Also have some that have good screens and power on but will not display a picture. These im asking 75 bucks.

others have broken front glass, im pretty sure its just the glass panel in front but sold as is, they do power on but do not display picture. I guess would be best for parts/repair.

$60 each

324684040.jpg

324684045.jpg

324684104.jpg

how bad is the burn in?
if your sitting further then 6ft away its not really noticeable, any closer and you can see it. I dont know, it doesnt really bother me but it might bother other people, but thats why they are so cheap. if they didnt have burn-in they would be 700+

I just bought one last month or id be driving over there, lol
weak! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

What do you mean by a "burn in"?
With phosphor-based electronic displays (including cathode-ray and plasma displays), the prolonged display of a menu bar or other graphical elements over time can create a permanent ghost-like image of these objects. This is due to the fact that the phosphor compounds which emit the light lose their luminosity with use. As a result, when certain areas of the display are used more frequently than others, over time the lower luminosity areas become visible to the naked eye and the result is called burn-in. While a ghost image is the most noticeable effect, a more common result is that the image quality will continuously and gradually decline as luminosity variations develop over time, resulting in a "muddy" looking picture image.
Plasma displays also exhibit another image retention issue which is sometimes confused with burn-in damage. In this mode, when a group of pixels are run at high brightness (when displaying white, for example) for an extended period of time, a charge build-up in the pixel structure occurs and a ghost image can be seen. However, unlike burn-in, this charge build-up is transient and self corrects after the display has been powered off for a long enough period of time, or after running random broadcast TV type content.

Plasma manufacturers have over time managed to devise ways of reducing the past problems of image retention with solutions involving gray pillarboxes, pixel orbiters and image washing routines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_screen

I am looking for a cheap TV for my living room. I have a theater room but that is it LOL. So, I will take one.

Any idea as to what is wrong with the ones that do not display?

Lemme know. PM sent.

I am looking for a cheap TV for my living room. I have a theater room but that is it LOL. So, I will take one.
Any idea as to what is wrong with the ones that do not display?

Lemme know. PM sent.
sounds good, i just replied to you.

as for the ones that are broke, i have no idea honestly. they turn on but just wont display anything, im definantly no repair man, lol.

sweet... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Make sure when you ship it that it doesnt get turned on it side otherwise the plasma fluid will leak out LMFAO. Best Buy used to tell people that for some reason LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

2002XLT

5,000+ posts
Thats right bishes...
2002XLT
H-Town, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies