FS: Mint Image Dynamics Q450.4

DonH
5,000+ posts

So Cal
Item(s) for Sale: Image Dynamics Q450.4 4 channel amplifier

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used in 10/10 condition. only used for about three months. going a different route to a 5ch amplifier. I LOVE this amp. by far a great contender for high quality sound reproduction. I love the bandpass feature as well.

Per sonicelectronix website:Specs:

Q Series 4-Channel Class A/B Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating (14.4V):

4 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 200 watts x 2 chan.

Optically isolated MOSFET power supply

LED power indicator

Fixed Bass Boost (+12 dB bass boost at 40 Hz)

Soft Start Turn-on

4/3/2 Channel operation

Bridgeable Capability

Band pass crossover on front channels

Bi-Polar High-current output devices

Auxiliary full range output

Two-layer PC Board with heavy 2 oz copper

Massive ground planes and precision caps

3-Way System Protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)

Heavy duty aluminum alloy heatsink for extreme heat dissipation

Nickel-plated RCA level inputs

Nickel-plated screw terminals

Input sensitivity:

Low level: 150mV-5V

Variable low-pass filter (50-5000 Hz, 12 dB/octave)

Damping factor: >100

In-line fuse requirement: 80 amps

Frequency response: 10-30,000 Hz

Signal-to-Noise ratio: 100dB

Dimensions: 13.0"L x 8-1/2"W x 2-1/4"H

My review I did:

I purchased this amplifier to swap with a Rockford Fosgate "T" series amplifier. Night and day difference. The Amplifier produces a very crisp clean signal. Clamped number per channel are as follows for my setup:

Ch.1 and 2 - 84w @ 3.6ohm - Midbass drivers

Ch. 3 and 4 - 82w @ 3.8ohm - Tweeters

So therefore the amplifier is slightly under rated. Using the on board crossover features the amplifier is running four midbass drivers and 4 tweeters. Very detailed midbass from 50hz and up unlike the rockford which lacked anything and had distortion below 120hz. With small amounts of amperage draw at high volumes this amplifier is a great factory add on. It looks very sleek as well.

My only con would be it has close to no heat sync fins to help with cooling. With that said mount this amplifier with ample airflow!
Image Dynamics Q450.4 (Q4504) 4-Channel Class A/B Q Car Amplifier

Price: $325 Shipped and insured OR trade straight up + a little cash from my end for a high quality 5ch. amplifier that has a bandpass feature as well as a sub channel that can do 400-600rms@2ohms

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

via fedex

Item Pictures:
6afa8b8b.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Bump. will trade for a 5ch amp. looking for an ED nine.5 JL 5ch etc. must have a BP feature on either the front or rear

There is a reason why, they wont be carying image any longer im sure. Image sales guy is a dumb ****. Trust me on this one. Its sad. Untill then i might as well keep the amp

A lot of you people don't know what it is that sonic does, and why manufacturers pull their line from them. Sonic will buy from anyone that has **** to sell, not everything coming from sonic is authentic. I have recieved knock-offs from them. All their Massive Audio, is fake, they may have some real, but the majority of it is fake. If you want to spot a knock off all you gotta do is what what type of warranty they offer. If it says manufacturer warranty, it's more than likely authentic, if you see sonic electronic warranty, it's most likely a knock off. They'll tell you that they're not authorized sellers that's why they have to give their own warranty, that's ********. I have spoke with owners of the companies of the brands you guys love so much, and they all say the same thing, sonic buy's directly from china. If the manufacturing plant isn't the authorized manufacturing plant over there, they're knock-offs. All the manufacturers over here warn you of it, Massive has a knock off warning right on their website, so does memphis, orion, dbdrive, etc. etc., I would never buy a brand like Image dynamic from sonic electronix. I will not respond to anyone who want's to sit there and try to say I'm wrong, sonic is the ****, or so and so. I know a lot about this ****, I'm in this industry, the business side of it, and I'm telling you facts. You don't have to believe it, but it's true. So many of you probably have knock off amps and subs in the trunk and don't even know it. Another thing you have to look out for buying on line mass produced car audio, is slightly imperfect. Not everything coming of the assembly line is all good, and who better to sell something a bit off, online sellers. **** sonic, and if you want more proof out of the pudding, just look at the brands sonic sells that they have to pay real dealer cost for, see how cheap you get that, look at their crossfire prices, they're authorized crossfire dealers, but that shits not really big enough to have knock offs yet, so guess what, they can only buy crossfire from crossfire, hell I can give you better deals on crossfire than they can. OP, want what you want for your amp, it's your amp, and it's worth what you want it to be worth, you know what you paid, and that ******* that put that sonic ******** on your thread should be banned from the forum. anyway I have a kicker 5 channel, it's the 700.5, does exactly what you're looking for, and it's authentic kicker, I'm a direct dealer, it's used, but authentic. I'll do your amp and $150 it's in mint condition

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.