SOLD FS: Eclipse ecd 413

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mastap154
10+ year member

Eclipse ECD-413 CD/ AM/FM Tuner. I purchased this item brand new about 5 or 6 years ago and had it in a custom mini truck. It was used for about a year and then was removed when the truck was sold. It has been sitting in a box in storage for the past 4 years. I installed it in my car to ensure that it still works beautifully. The quality of sound and performance is unsurpassed in this eclipse deck. It is used and there are some normal wear scratches on the face but all of the buttons are still legible and in like-new condition. I have no doubt that it will still outperform all the new decks and at a fraction of the cost. I do not have the instruction manual or the brochure. Plz email me at cibilic@cox.net if you are interested.

Here are a few words from the brochure:

"The pure sound quality is achieved by using only selected high quality components on the printed circuit board. Further, the PCB is designed to include direct ground points, and to insulate the audio signal path from electronic interference.............. silicon dampers have been strategically repositioned to improve isolation between the CD-transport mechanism and the ECD413 chassis. In addition, the silicon dampers are 40% larger which increases vertical and front/rear excursion by 25% over previous designs. Further, the laser pickup mechanism has a resonant frequency of 20Hz which decreases its susceptibility to vibrations. The result is a mobile CD player that finds itself without equal." "The ECD-413's 8 times oversampling digital filter shifts the noise into a frequency range far above the audio band and eliminates it via a low-pass filter. this 8 times oversampling approach provides superior phase characteristics even at very high frequencies. Further, the Eclipse dual 18-bit D/A converter converts the right and left digital audio signal separately to maintain the outstanding linearity, from low to maximum output levels."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.