FS: CDT EX 550i Xovers

Participant count
  • Participant list

pelekeliko
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Item(s) for Sale:

Pair of the cdt audio ex 550i crossovers.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Got these about 6 months ago and pulled them out last week before i traded in my truck.

CDT Audio EX-550i

Price:

Really don't have a clue what to post these at, so lets just say $160shipped, but obviously very open to offers.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Included

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

IMG_2503_zps3fppffia.jpg

IMG_2502_zpscr5j4gk5.jpg

GLWS, can you do me a favor? Could you confirm if both crossovers have the same polarity markings? The xover that you post a picture of from a side view, such that the markings are visible, shows that the polarity for the speaker inputs is the same as the amp input (+ -). Is the other one the same?

I ask because one of my 550i xover is marked differently. The amp input is still (+ -), but the other inputs are (- +).

TIA

Tyler

GLWS, can you do me a favor? Could you confirm if both crossovers have the same polarity markings? The xover that you post a picture of from a side view, such that the markings are visible, shows that the polarity for the speaker inputs is the same as the amp input (+ -). Is the other one the same?
I ask because one of my 550i xover is marked differently. The amp input is still (+ -), but the other inputs are (- +).

TIA

Tyler
I Have EX-550-25I and the right and left the speaker polarity is reversed. Amp input is the same, one will have + - + - + - the other will be - + -+ - + GLWS these are awesome x-overs and your drivers will actually sound better if you are using a lower grade x-over. CDT spends a lot of time on their x-overs and you can hear it

I've wired them up both ways and I can't hear the difference! I don't have the best ears, but I don't think polarity is as straight forward when you're talking about 4th order passive crossovers. I tested the outputs with a multimeter and got inconsistent readings, as opposed to testing the outputs of the amp, where I got very clear positive/negative readings.

Sorry about the delay guys, been traveling a lot lately. But here's a picture !
dc4f24963cdefe6739017408bf078263.jpg

BUMP $120shipped priority mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.