frustrating....its frustrating....frustrating

nawgee
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Valencia
okay so I had a post on here earlier about my car not starting, and decided that it was time to get a battery. i have been frantically searching for a yellow top battery, however, i cant find one that is the size 35/78...I went to the optima website and according to them, they have that size. does anyone know of an alternate battery or where i can find another deep cycle battery?? i think my 500/1 JL Audio mono amp and JL Audio W7 are ******* away most of my power...so i would need a battery that could handle that kind of power. Thanks Guys

lemme get this straight, you only have a five hundred watt amp, and your experiencing dimmage? You have a problem elsewhere in your electrical if so....

LOL

System drains battery, so instead of fixing electrical system to withstand audio system, you look for a bigger battery, that'll just take longer to die.

Your factory electrical system is not designed to handle the extra load of the amp draw. A larger/better battery will only increase the amount of reserve power when your vehicle is not running. If you are experiencing starting problems since your install then you your amp is possibly grounding out and draining the battery. A new or rebuilt alternator will give you the power needed while the car is running. If you want a larger reserve power for when the vehicle is off then Optima is likely the way to go. However, your factory alternator will quickly suffer as it needs to keep recharging a low battery.

LOL
System drains battery, so instead of fixing electrical system to withstand audio system, you look for a bigger battery, that'll just take longer to die.
well how about im here to find out whats wrong (i am here to learn)...i dont need smart a$$ comments like yours....thanks to the other guys...ima check the rest of my electrical system

well how about im here to find out whats wrong (i am here to learn)...i dont need smart a$$ comments like yours....thanks to the other guys...ima check the rest of my electrical system
dont even listen to that moron....im shocked he didnt say the detroit tigers would be better for amps than what you got.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nawgee

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
nawgee
Valencia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date