From YOUR experience!!! What gets lower 12 SX or XXX

dadeschevyboy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
okay i have a 12inch RE SX in a 2.5 @32 hz box but i want it to get lower....NOT Louder....but LOWER!!! i know the XXX is louder than the SX its a dead given....but will it sound like theres a SE or SX 15 back there from the lows it gives?

please help! thanks in advance

-Peter

SX is more efficient than the XXX, XXX gets LOW, the SX isnt know to have the best low end though, but it suffices

and it is only 1 12, if you want it to extend lower or be more pronounced in the lowend tune to 25hz or so

and yes ive owned a SX and XXX, XXX seems to me to be lacking on the upper end, but its all in the install, good mid bass woulda help out alot

so bama what would you recommend? i like the bass i have now kinda hits you in the chest at first till you get used to it but im lacking those lows that are heard down the block which is what im looking for.

what is the vehicle? how many watts are you running

how much space would you be willing to give up

an used XXX 15 would probably give you what you want, or an I dont know what an SI mag sounds like, but the way everyone talks about them, they would be right up your alley, maybe a SS RL-P too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

give some info real quick

in my personal expireience ive found the Brahma to play lower than the xxx, the xxx is louder overall however. both brahma's ive owned have been low end monsters. but im sure the xxx will do just fine, just tune the box low(25-28Hz) try around 3cubes@25Hz... for a 12 and you should be impressed

well its a 96 2.5 TL and i cant fit a 15 in a ported box in my trunk

i can if its sealed but the sub has to fire up (i had a CVR like that)

Theres a lot of space just a small opening and seats that dont fall down

for example blue berry yum yum and Hoods Run Down and some others like them that are meant to get low (and ive heard low) dont do justice in with my sx12

blueberry only goes to like 35-37 or does it go lower?

to be able to do hoods safely, you need a sealed box or a way low tuned ported, because some of those notes go down to 15-16hz or so i believe

i think my Type R will get lower then both of them .. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif .. loool

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.