Friend gave me a TDX15D4, What now ??

BenDiculous

Hi there im new to the forum, quite a community you guys have here. anyways a friend has recently given me a brand new diamond audio 15" (Tdx15D4) it looks like quite a sub. I really have no expierence with car audio but ive had 3 jl audio 6's in a ported box for the longest time in my fox body mustang its fine for what i listen to, a variety of music but mostly rock (double bass) which the 6's seem to have pretty decent sound quality doesent seem sloopy from my ear. I dont know if this quality can be achieved with the 15 but when something is thrown into my lap like this i figured why not give it a shot. if this is possible what amp/box recommendations would you suggest id love to overshoot the 6's loudness and quality wise but still keep a crisp sound. thanks in advance - Ben

That sub will not let you down do about 3.5 cubes net tuned to 30hz or a lil below with about 1200 rms + on it and you'll be more then happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

with that set up will i keep sound quality ? the box you described would it be ported or sealed ? what kind of amp would you reccomend also (brand type) thanks again

Man, thats a rather nice friend. Will he be my friend too? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Seriously though, what is your budget for an amp? Will you build your own box?

id love to build a box but i wouldent know where to begin so id probably have someone make it, amp id like to get for cheap (not cheap like i smell burning wires and whys my seat on fire) but i still want reliability and performance. I have no idea on prices, but can i get out of here for 500 or cheaper with the box ?

for 1 15 sealed you'll need 1.65cf,and it will run nice with 1500 watts...

If you go ported youll need 2.5cf tuned to 36hz,I like the Audioenhancers enclosures personally sold at Hifisoundconnection.com

Youll like that 15,gets loud and slams real hard

so you say it will slam real hard but will the sound quality be their if the sound is gonna be sloppy with the music i listen to id rather not sacrifice sound quality

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.