Fried Amp Repair?

Participant count
  • Participant list

xKBx24
10+ year member

erie, Pa
Hey guys. Today my friend and I were hooking up my new Type X's (Dont worry, got em way cheap) and in the process my friend touched the ground to the positive terminal and fried the amp. (P1ss3d) The amp is a 2000 watt Brutus BXI2006d. I literally just got this off ebay and didnt even get to hear it, so even though its not the greatest amp, I'd like to get it repaired.

I contacted Hifonics, they directed me to a repair center and was told it will cost 125 dollars to fix. Are there any online sites that are reliable and low cost before I send it to this place?

Don't trust a place that advertises their repairs as low cost. No real way to know what a repair will cost until the tech has the amp in his hands and has had a chance to inspect it fully. Good repairs cost good money period. Yes sometimes the repair will be inexpensive but there are a lot of people out there trying to make money doing half a$$ed repair work. There is a huge difference between just making an amp work(just long enough to get your money) and repairing it properly. A couple reputable places online include http://www.db-r. com and Amp Medics Home and these are just two that I know are good. I am sure there are at least a couple others. I wouldn't expect the repair to be cheap. Probably need a total rebuild of the power supply which I would expect to cost at least 80-90 bucks in that amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.