Central Region Free vibration analysis

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
    Participant count
  • Participant list

hoboham
10+ year member

hanh
Just thought I would see if there was any interest in some free vibration analysis, me and my team will have access to a laptop with labview, accelerometers, strain gages, and microphones. We have been assigned to find a company or individual with a vibration problem.

advancedanalysis_large.jpg

Image above is from National Instruments Corporation.

Here is a quote from the hand out:

"MEE 321 Fall 2010

Performance Task_1

Assume that you are an employee of a vibration and acoustic consulting firm. A company has contacted your supervisor to assist them in reducing vibration or sound level. Your supervisor has asked you to contact this company, collect necessary data and information needed to identify the problem, analyze the source of the problem, and suggest alternative potential solutions."

I'm sure there is a team or individual that has vibrational concerns. We could effectively analyze any surface that is easy to model, i.e.: a vehicle roof, one of the walls on a sub enclosure, something generally flat or simply shaped.

So if there is any interest and the object to be analyzed is within a half hour of DeKalb please let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.