Four D2 L7 15 vs Four SPLX-152HX

Participant count
  • Participant list

matt_bennett05
10+ year member

mattchoo!
4 D2 L7 15" vs my current setup of 4 15" Soundstream SPLX-152HX subs.

Which would you choose in being loud, but sounding fairly decent doing it. Power on tap is a XXX6500D.

I have an opportunity @ a really good deal on 6 L7s (which could turn into running 6 later instead of 4 now) with that power, would it be worth it?

i had two L7s ona zx2500 before and it got loud and didnt sound too bad, ive always liked L7s but some people dont, ive never heard SPLX subs so i cant really put my input in

ive never been a fan of the small coil in them but if ur running 4 that only bout 1k per with ur amp.

ur splx's would be happier with alot more power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ive never been a fan of the small coil in them but if ur running 4 that only bout 1k per with ur amp.ur splx's would be happier with alot more power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks, I knew they were smaller coiled motors and my subs yearn for more power. But, exactly what I was looking for info wise. Coming from you, I can trust this. /end of thread

l7s are fine.. just nothing compared to other subs in the same field.

i'd take the splx subs anyday... they can take some power.

I've seen pairs of them on PB 4k's daily.
a guy on roe ran 2 splx 15s when they first came out on a fusion 4k each.. they take some abuse.

now, if you're talking about L7s, :/ they didn't like it i'm sure. coil couldn't handle that for long.

Doesnt mean they sounded good.....if i had a dollar for every ghetto *** homie who said l7.s were the loudest out there..then make them **** themselves with my setup id own kicker..lol...splx all day everyday and twice on sunday
I don't diss the solo x ( least the 18 ).. one of the strongest motors out there, huge bl if I recall.

I'd like to pick up one or two of the motors and some ss xxx baskets... sigh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.