four channel woes...

Participant count
  • Participant list

nickconforti
10+ year member

Florida
I currently have a Legacy LA720 amp. It's four channel 200W per channel, two of the channels are bridged, they have a crossover that im running at around 80htz these are powering my sub right now. The thing is my sub i wayyy underpowered. I was hoping to bridge all four channel mono. I wouldnt see a problem with it except this amp is weird. Heres how

Four channel bridgeable to two channel by means of the Bridged and stereo switch and proper wiring of course.

bridged the one channel, its pushing my sub and has a crossover, the other doesn't have a crossover.

if i bridge the two bridged channels i will be willing to use a high frequency filter to get rid of the highs (i.e turn the crossover off and run the filter instead) if i can do this ill be hoping to squeeze the full 800W from the amp.

1) drive to pawn shop

2) purchase 50 dollar 2 channel amp

3) Depending on # of RCA's from headunit, purchase splitters so that each amp has an RCA feeding it.

4) install 4 channel amp powering Doors and Deck speakers, crossover set to cut below at 80 ish HZ...

5) install pawn shop 2 channel with crossover set to cut above 80 ish HZ.

6) reinstall fuses.

7) smile.

sorry no can do currently have no monies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.