four 8's + 750w = loud yet good?

Firebirdguy
10+ year member

So, I want to do somthing alittle different...at least for me. I'm looking at getting four cerwin vegs 8's and building a box with a net of 4 cubes ported and tuned to 37hz. They will be run off of a kicker kx 750.1 so each will be seeing around 200w, does this sound at least decent. I can get the subs for around $200 for all four, anyone know of somthing better that can handle around 200wrms for the same price. Or does this sound like a good setup?

Well its unique. May i suggest bridgeing down to two sets of two, i believe you will see an overall improvement in wattage per sub. Or...get a 1ohm stable amp and wire all four down to 1ohm. Is this all up in the air, or do you already own the kicker?

Right now it's in the air, I like the kicker because they can be had fairly cheap refurbished, and the cerwin vega's have a prety low response range going down too 20hz...right now nothings set in stone as i don't have the money..saving up so trying to plan some stuff out so i know what to look for when i do have the mulah.

edit: I've also had really good luck with kicker in the past. If this the setup i go with they will be wired down for a 2ohm load on the amp, all dual 4's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.