Fosgate vs Infinity

Forty-Ouncer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Right now I currently have Infinity 652i speakers in the back and Infinity 552i in the front. I am running these off of a pioneer 5500MP deck (waiting for more cash for an amp)

I just recently aquired a pair of Rockford Fosgate HPC2369s 6x9inch 3 way speakers. Now the problem is I dont know whether to use them or not. If I did I was planning on putting them in the back and moving the 6.5inch Infinities up front. What Im wondering is whether this is a good decision or not. I will get an amp in the future and I wanna know, should I go to the trouble of installing these speakers?

If anybody has any imput at all, please fill me in.

I just installed Infinity 505cs's up front and they sound LOUD and the midbass isn't too shabby. They can make my side mirrors shake. I just want more midbass though. I am thinkin' about adding midbass drivers.

So let me get this straight. You guys are telling me that the 2way 6.5inch infinities that retail at $110 US are better than the 3way 6x9inch fosgates that retail for $250 US. I can understand if you guys say overall that infinity is better brand than fosgate. But Im talking about these two specific speakers that I own and no others.

Im pretty much asking which setup will work better.

1) infinity 552i up front, infinity 652i in rear

or

2) infinity 652i up front and fosgate HPC2369 in rear.

thnx guys

Depends if you want SQ or SPL :p if SQ then keep the 6.5's in back also do u want what the freq. range is for your 6x9's? If they top out in the mid 25-30k range then you might be suprized with the SQ to..maybe ?:p

Ok the specs on the fosgate 6x9s are....

Power Handling (RMS) - 100 watts

Power Handling (Peak) - 200 watts

Impedence - 4 ohms(Nominal)

Frequency Response - 30-24k hz

Sensitivity - 89 db

I dont know if this helps any. Maybe If i post the infinity specs youlll be able to help me more?

THese are the front 5 1/4" speakers

Power Handling, RMS: 45W

Power Handling, Peak: 135W

Sensitivity: 92dB

Frequency Response (±3dB): 72Hz - 20kHz

Mounting Depth: 2-1/4"

Impedance: 4 Ohms

and these are the 6 1/2" ones

Frequency Response (±3dB): 54Hz - 20kHz

Mounting Depth: 2-1/16"

Power Handling, Peak: 180w

Power Handling, RMS: 60W

Ok the specs on the fosgate 6x9s are....

Power Handling (RMS) - 100 watts

Power Handling (Peak) - 200 watts

Impedence - 4 ohms(Nominal)

Frequency Response - 30-24k hz

Sensitivity - 89 db

I dont know if this helps any. Maybe If i post the infinity specs youlll be able to help me more?

THese are the front 5 1/4" speakers

Power Handling, RMS: 45W

Power Handling, Peak: 135W

Frequency Response (±3dB): 72Hz - 20kHz

Mounting Depth: 2-1/4"

and these are the 6 1/2" ones

Frequency Response (±3dB): 54Hz - 20kHz

Mounting Depth: 2-1/16"

Power Handling, Peak: 180w

Power Handling, RMS: 60W

I think you need to just listen to them both and see which you like the best. Nobody here can tell you one way or another, we can only say which we like and what each speaker is geared towards. IE- Infinity is SQ...

-Marksman

I think you need to just listen to them both and see which you like the best. Nobody here can tell you one way or another, we can only say which we like and what each speaker is geared towards. IE- Infinity is SQ...-Marksman
Tru ^^^ (10 characters)

well guys I tested out those HPC's on the front channels of my 5500MP deck. my 452i's were louder and clearer. The difference was very noticible. Perhaps maybe where the HPC's are better amped then the 452i's?

this I will never know because i currently dont own an amp but am planning to order one within a day or 2. maybe perhaps i could sell these fosgates?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.