Fosgate Type RF series "x.*" amps?

bimma85
5,000+ posts

Can't be ****** ;)
midwest
Anyone used em, what do you think of em? Didnt see a whole lot searching. Saw there were problems with the first ones, but am buying some new old stock and assume they would have been after all problems were worked out. Looking at the x4 and x7

My buddy has an x6 in his bmw running 2 hx2 's and he loves it, Mainly because he loves rockford , but i think i got him to cross over , he's in the process of trying to get 2 12 re sx's and 2 12.1 s.. Anyways heres his setup

I've used a couple of these little guys in the past...

The X1 came DOA, but I had it repaired and it's worked great ever since (1.5 years); the DSP is also very nice to have. The X5 has performed flawlessly ever since I got it. These things really offer great bang for the buck.

Thx for the repiles guys. What did you think about your buddies amp, hzsogood?

I will be paying about $.20 a watt for the mono amps. Prolly about $.35-.40/watt for the 4 channel to get an idea on the prices....would you say they are well worth it. I'd assume they are well worth it. Come with real 1 year RF warranty as well....not some ebay "warranty" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

I had five of them, they were great amps; clean, powerful, very easy to setup, and I got them all at great "EBAY" prices.

However the only reasons I sold them was due to the fact they were too big for my setup. I have an active three way up front, I couldn't fit them all in my trunk and still have the room I desired.

Still great amps though.

right on, thx for the input. Anyone else? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Talking about those amps, I bought one

Type RF X6 (refurbished) 2 weeks ago from Ebay, Audiosavings was the seller, and well it works and all but it seems to lack in power output.

I am running with my ol' cheapo legacy subwoofers since I only upgrade this summer, and well I need to put my gain at minimum 3/4 before pushing some good bass. It is wired in 2 ohm and when I go past 3/4, it is really sensitive, like turning it clockwise 1/32'' will be hearable but before 3/4, there's almost no bass at all. Before I switched amps, I was running an MTX RT202 2ch amp Bridged in 2 ohm (yes, it ran them flawlessy) So I guess it was pushing 300rms, but now I am supposed to run at least 800RMS with this one and it doesnet seem to do it until I hit almost full gain. It doesnt clip though.

If someone has a clue about this amp gain problem just drop a post here.

PS: I am all wired correctly with 1/0 guage front to back splited to 4guage for amps, grounded to the frame, bare metal and my Pioneer deh-7600 (with the ground trace issue...)

right on, thx for the input. Anyone else? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The amp was real nice, good power and clean sound, But i just wasnt to impressed with the overall performance, I believe there 1100x1 @ 2 ohm.. If that works for you it's a great amp, otherwise i liked the T1000's or bd's for the big power:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.