Forum Pop-Up

Joseph7195
10+ year member

Walkin Tall
A couple of us are having problems with ASTERPIX.COM popping up with any thread we open. I think it might be an embedded pop up located in the servers. I have been using IE (instead of Chrome) because I can block the pop up, but then my pop up blocker prevents the feed from loading. We just wanted to let some folks know this, I am sure other will try to help with anyting you need also.

Joe, does it still popup if you use noscript with chrome?
Sorry it took so long Jesse, I had to switch back to IE to get to post. i have tried a couple things with Chrome to get it to stop, even blocking the actual webpage, but it still pops up, just with no text or anything. I don't have Firefox, so I am not sure of its funtionality, but for chrome and IE it's popping up, I just set my pop up blocker to max on IE, but chrome doesn't have one. The first place it happened was on the King of Bass thread made recently. It wasn't doing it at all, until I reluctantly clicked on that thread to be nosey. After i did, it showed up on all the threads. Could be a sig or something a member has embedded too. I think you are one of the very few that aren't having problems Bro

It was happening to me, too. I just got Noscript so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

For me, it wasn't a pop-up. I was redirected after the page loaded.

i havent looked at that thread and have no popups, could be something in that thread
Im getting it, and it pops up so fast it makes all the messages unreadable.

I could only reply by being quicker with the "reply with quote" button than the pop up.

For me, it wasn't a pop-up. I was redirected after the page loaded.
^^^ This.

Before I could even start to see the thread/page I clicked on, the asterpix.com page came up.

Only way I made it here to post was to click the Big Red "X" before it started loading.

As if losing the Search and Profile functions recently and waiting days for a "fix" weren't pathetic enough!

What bullshit !

So anyone know a way I can patch this (I am using IE8)....?

Does simply stopping ActiveX or scripting work??

im getting in on firefox as well, and i did check out that thread and youtube -.- wtf

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

im getting it on firefox as well, and i did check out that thread and youtube -.- wtf

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.