Foreign or Domestic?

dubsports
10+ year member

"Ricers" follow more of a brains over braun style to their tuning...

They dont require big V8's and huge air intakes coming out of their hoods to gain the same or more power.

I dont think they should be bashed for that

Domestics try to cram as much horsepower up their ass as possible and prefer to sit on a mattress "custom conformed" to their back by a piece of plywood and a nail. Their mostly pre-historic methods of extracting horsepower are worthy of naming them "Moose" if you think of the Archie comics. Then again, the stereotypical domestic tuner has a mullet, 14 children and lives on a dirtroad by I-married-my-sister-ville.

....let the flame war begin //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

most ricers are just trying to fit in with street racers...they think all of the stickers make their cars faster...and what do you mean by domestics... i own an import and for me to buy an american car it would have to be bad ass like a muscle car or a viper..etc..but explain the domestic part of the thread...and there is one thing imported cars have that american made cars dont have, it is technology..it takes americans a big ass engine to run with a 4cl naturally aspirated foreign motor...is this kinda what you are talking about..

D

imports dont have something that american cars have...the fact that they are made by americans. I would rather die than support those ****ing japs on the other side of the globe. call me racist or whatever, but thats my main view on things. that and rice is ****ing ********.

actually you are wrong...95 percent of foreign cars are assembled in the US..that is over 200,000 jobs that the overseas people created...most of the bodies and **** like that is made in the US..the motor and **** like that is imported...and all foreign made cars arent rice..what do you think about the SUVs and the midsize cars, like Porsche, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Ferarri, BMWs were first made in germany until the early to mid 90s..now chrystler ownes factories that do all but the motors in the US..., Infinity, Mazda, **** like that, they are nice cars...

D

No im not wrong, and yes they are nice cars. I would rather send 100% of profits to our own economy rather than support someone elses...espically Japan's. I do realize that most imports are assembled in the USA, thats a given fact. Hell, most of the camrys are made about 20 miles from where I live, its a major part of Georgetown, KY.

right.. me too...but only a little of the money goes oveseas...like maybee 15% of the price of the car goes overseas...and that is a lot to people over there...but i dont like to send $ over there, support them..

D

well first off, i would never buy a new vehicle, maybe a truck but dodge purely, but the next car i buy is gonna be a honda crx, because they just fit what i need it for clean and clear, good milage, the ability to make cool, ability to be fast, and of course, stereo compatibility, the crx can satisfy all my needs, but it will not be riced out with the typical 6" exhaust tip, stickers, ect ect. the one im getting in a month is from japan, right hand drive, vtec engine, and i can get it for real cheap, cause i work at a place that imports cars and accessories from japan. so it just works for me,

so, what works for you?

so the four cylinders keep up with american cars?

what can be had for 27000, japanese, and can keep up with a grand prix gtp competition package?

260 horsepower/280 ft./lbs. of tourqe anyone? with class mind you...

hell, the only car in its class that tops it is a bmw 330i...

i love american cars.

Originally posted by Natheo so the four cylinders keep up with american cars?

*sigh*, since when are all imports 4 cylander cars?

Oh, and import does not = japanese car, import=import car, think about it.

****, for 27k I can get myself a nice 95 TT Supra, I think that might be able to destroy your precious Grand Prix //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by Jmac Evo VIII

WRX
in its class!

ya know, accord, maxima....

****, for 27k I can get myself a nice 95 TT Supra, I think that might be able to destroy your precious Grand Prix
****, for 27k i can get a 69 camaro and destroy your precious little supra!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

quit raing on my parade!!!:p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

actually i like euorpean cars a lot as well. maybe its just japanese cars that piss me off, to a greater extent, ricers.

maybach 62, **** nice.

Originally posted by Natheo ****, for 27k i can get a 69 camaro and destroy your precious little supra!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

quit raing on my parade!!!:p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Do you have any idea what kind of power a twin turbo supra puts out? I mean, I'm a chevy guy for life, but i gotta admit that that kind of car would probably destroy a camaro. I don't wanna rain on your parade, i hate ricers as much as anybody here, but i gotta give props to the supras, as long as it doesn't have a f*cking wing.

yeah, but you dont think i can find myself a camaro with over 500 hp, and a shitload (i say a shitload) more tourqe than that car for 27g's?

regardless of hp, id rather have next years impala ss. all black. black leather, all that ****. that car is ****ing sexy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dubsports

10+ year member
dubsports
Calgary, AB
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from