Ford OEM Audio upgrade help for a noob.

Participant count
  • Participant list

nondem

I've got a 2017 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab w/the Factory Sync 3 system. I don't have the Sony Premium sound system but it is the 8" screen version that has 4 door speakers, 2-tweeters in the A-pillars along with a Center Dash speaker. I'm not sure if the center speaker plays anything beyond the phone/navi audio. For that matter - I don't know much at all about this system - where to find the actual specs for it or specifics on how it is laid-out.

Could someone point me to some some info and/or good sources for what my options are for mild upgrades to my factory system?

I have ordered replacements for the front and rear doors:

Front - Kicker 43CSC6934

Rear - Kicker 43CSC674

These aren't top of the line speakers obviously - but better than OEM for sure. They are pretty much plug-and-play w/the wiring and adapters that Crutchfield include specific to my truck.

The reviews I've read on these seem to indicate they sound reasonably good with the just the factory head-unit driving them. I'll be installing them this weekend so I'll be able to tell how they do soon...but I'm interested in upping the power to them anyway.

As many of these systems that are out there - Ford produces 88 trucks an hour at the Super Duty factory - I don't find a lot of specific information on what i'm dealing with and what my upgrade options are considering I want to keep the OEM head unit.

In addition to upping the power to the door speakers - I'd like to maybe add eventually add a smallish sub behind the backseat but that is a maybe - depending on how the 6x9s sound.

I found a 4 channel alpine amp that accepts low and high inputs but I am hoping to avoid cutting a lot of wires and grafting something in using the high-level inputs.

I remember seeing a plug and play upgrade for the Sony AMP that comes w/the premium sound system but I "think" this one doesn't have a seperate amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.