Ford Chips

Towncar
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
who knows
My limiter is killing my top end on my 02 crownvic, and I cant seem to find anyone in my area that does any tuning of any sort, atleast on domestic cars... So any suggestions on a decent chip to take my limiter off. I dont really care about a big horse power gain, as I will get that adding other things to the car later, but it would be nice to not be restricted... Any suggestions on a easy chip I can put on myself?

Did you rework the heads? What makes you think you can go above redline without valve float and a loss of power?
Ive been told by a few friends that all I would need is a power chip. My car is far more capable than the 105 I am limited to go... My car is bone stock with an exhaust.

Im sure your computer can be reprogrammed, but if your car isnt equipped with an aluminum driveshaft, they are known to pretty much explode past 120mph. http://www.crownvic.net has a lot of helpful info, you could get an aluminum driveshaft off a CVPI if your car isnt one. But yeah, the car stock is more capable of the 105-108 shut off!

Did you rework the heads? What makes you think you can go above redline without valve float and a loss of power?
Pretty sure he's talking about the speed limiter not the rev limiter. He is not at the redline when he's doing 105, and yes any engine crownvic can do better than 105.

a crownvic isnt a sports car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Who ever said it was:confused: Its a car that has alot of potential. Same engine as the mustang gt. Last I checked, you didnt need a sports car to go fast. Plenty of fast 4 doors....

oh my bad, thought you were talking about the rev limiter. Holy **** I didn't know those were limited to 105! I've seen some police cruisers go pretty **** fast, tell us how fast it goes after you unlock it!

hmmm do the police packages have the same ECU? Maybe a flash designed for the police package might work?

Silver, join fordbastards.org. You'd like it there...

The driveshaft is probably not the only car not capable of high speeds on the CV. I'd be surprised to see the tires handle 105+ for very long, and I'm sure that the car body rolls like a mofo, which is 'great' at 105+...

SCT tune. go to tccoa.com and talk to lonnie to see your options.
this was gonna be exactly what i what i would say. lonnie knows his ****, and he's who i would have do it, if i didnt already have one when i found out about this guy

Taurus Car Club of America. There's lots of T-Birds and other Ford vehicles there, though. Same with FordBastards.org, but that's most just a **** talking forum with some car talk on the side. That, and lots of track events.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.