for sale: broken Eclipse DA7122

Participant count
  • Participant list

black3gks
10+ year member

i have for sale a broken Eclipse DA 7122. no idea whats wrong with it at all. i couldnt bring my self to throw this thing away but i have no use for it and dont really feel like investing the money in to fixing it

Item(s) Description/Condition:

not working DA7122

does have some scratches but in decent shape overall

Price:

$140

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

would prefer local pickup just so buyer knows exactly what they are getting but would consider shipping.......

buyer pays shipping

Item Pictures:

2013-04-10_01-45-51_182.jpg

2013-02-12_17-23-52_417.jpg

2013-02-12_17-28-49_813.jpg

2013-02-12_17-29-04_887.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/member.php?u=1019184

Last edited by a moderator:
These are incredible amplifiers...I have a DA7232 (basically 2 of these in one case) and absolutely love it. Did you own the amp when it broke? I'd like to have a bit more information concerning what happened to it before I even consider buying it...especially for that price.

yes i did own it while it was working and it used to work great. heres the run down on it......i have a 2000 Eclipse that had the factory infinity stereo in it. so, when you put an aftermarket deck in it you have to wire around the factory amp thats under the passenger seat because there are no speaker wires in the dash. well, i ordered a harness from Metra to do so. i installed the harness, cd player (already had the amp and subs in the car cuz i was running a high level input), and rcas. hooked it all up, turn it on, the deck popped and puffed out smoke, and the amp made a noise and the subs started thumping with no music even playing. come to find out after many hours of trouble shooting, my harness that i received from metra was completely wired backwards. i pulled every wire out of the harness, reversed it to where each pin should have been, and havent ever had a problem since minus the deck and amp were both fried. it sent 12v through the rcas and im guessing thats what messed it up. i cant see anything burnt but im no expert by any means. i just dont wanna pay to fix it. make me a good offer and its yours

**** man, you should call Metra and tell them about it. If you pressure them enough they might pay to have it fixed for you. I'll think about it over the next few days and if someone doesn't snag it from you I might. Sorry to hear about your troubles man, that blows big time.

well the problem is it happened a few years back. if i was thinking back then, i would have never fixed the harness, called them, and made them reimburse me for the alpine deck and the eclipse amp. oh well, ya live and learn lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.