For my friend that wants bass...

Participant count
  • Participant list

sleazebagger
10+ year member

nobody!!!
Madison, WI
So a buddy of mine wants to buy my HDC 18" which is fine cause I'll just buy another new one but I'm trying to convince him that the trunk of his Honda accord will not suffice.

He's watched some vids and has it in his head that an 18 is the only way to move some air and shake the ground. I keep telling him we can achieve this with a beefy 10, 12, 15 but he's convinced.

Ima have him sit down and read this thread so he knows what we can do with a good power source, nice 1k amp and 1k rms sub.

I told him, big 3, batt, decent HU, proper box(everything!!!) and a decent amp. Nice clean wiring ++

Please elaborate for him...

@pro\-rabbit; and friends...

I have put a single 18 with precision ports into the back of a newer malibu and it work just fine lol..

Best idea is to get some measurements of the trunk. Then we can see what will work...make sure the enclosure will slide through as well...I have some clients that forget you have to slide the enclosure through the opening it won't magically just be in the trunk after it is built haha.

BTW- I should have some pics for you by mid afternoon or so... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have put a single 18 with precision ports into the back of a newer malibu and it work just fine lol..

Best idea is to get some measurements of the trunk. Then we can see what will work...make sure the enclosure will slide through as well...I have some clients that forget you have to slide the enclosure through the opening it won't magically just be in the trunk after it is built haha.

BTW- I should have some pics for you by mid afternoon or so... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
he has 30w 17h 20d

not enough for the hdc right??

No go there sir. Tell him to stick with smaller subs.

He only has 4.7ft3 gross volume. Pretty small actually, Should be more then that back there.

Yeah that seems way too small...espically for an accord.

My small azz saturn that I had was bigger than that..

What year is the accord? sedan or coupe?

No go there sir. Tell him to stick with smaller subs.
He only has 4.7ft3 gross volume. Pretty small actually, Should be more then that back there.

There is, but the problem lies in sliding the box in. maybe an extra 2-3 inches in length but then the edges need to be shaved down and its tight as fawk.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

are those dimensions the max that can fit? you need to allow adequate room around the box for airflow, thats barely enough room for a pair of 12s, probably better suited to 10s or a single 15
thats what I told him a single 15'

lol, I'm trying to finish yours up right now..not sure if I will get it all cleaned up before I leave though..but I'm trying. I have to get up early tomorrow.. checking out a 5000sqft building tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

lol, I'm trying to finish yours up right now..not sure if I will get it all cleaned up before I leave though..but I'm trying. I have to get up early tomorrow.. checking out a 5000sqft building tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif
nice... Ima move down there and work for you:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.