Focal Utopia 165W vs MB Quart QSD216

Which component speaker set is better?

• Focal Utopia 165W

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • MB Quart QSD 216

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters
i'm sold on the high end mbquarts now, i have yet to hear focal BUT...

we did them side by side w/the boston pro60s and the mbquarts killed them

why do all of you put mb quarts down? U make them sound like they are sonys or something. They build incredible speakers and sound great. I am thinking of getting the QSD but for right now i have premiums which sound insanely good so i can only imagine the Q line. So for all u MB quart haters don't be bias

why do all of you put mb quarts down? U make them sound like they are sonys or something. They build incredible speakers and sound great. I am thinking of getting the QSD but for right now i have premiums which sound insanely good so i can only imagine the Q line. So for all u MB quart haters don't be bias
It's not a bias thing. MB makes awesome speakers, it's just that a lot of the people on this forum think they are harsh. Now maybe you don't and the person that started this thread doesn't, but a lot of people do, so they are entitled to their opinion.

It's not a bias thing. MB makes awesome speakers, it's just that a lot of the people on this forum think they are harsh. Now maybe you don't and the person that started this thread doesn't, but a lot of people do, so they are entitled to their opinion.
i wonder if the unit could be the reason that they sound harsh, (referring to the alpine hu thread i started in the general discussion category) but i heard them w/the 'mx' feature not present and they sounded smooth to me.

I use to have MB Quart Discus series comps and now Focal 165V comps. Personally i think the Focal sound better for me. They are really amazing, the sound is so clear the discuss speaker. They are not harsh like the MB Quart.I love the mids, i lowered my amp to 70hz and it gives good bass. You have to hear the 165w and the MBQSD 216 first and hear it your self which you like best.
You think the discus's were harsh? Gosh man.. how? They have one of the softest tweets I've heard.

i heard the qsd216 today and man they are colorful/harsh. i dont know quite how to describe them but they definitely were not for me. i need a much smoother sound than that. hopefully my utopia's will provide the sound i'm looking for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...