Focal Not Good for Hip-Hop/R&B

Bassically85
10+ year member

I went to a shop today that had focals and the guy said he wouldn't reccomend me focals because they aren't strong in the midbass section and would sound bad for rap and r&b. What do you guys think?

Btw, he reccomended me the high end memphis compents....

It was about $25 more..................... it was the new set that memphis came out with. The woofers look like the mojo.

I was personally kinda offened because it was almost as if I was being singled out because I was a young black dude......I told the guy I listen to everything, but he insited on the memphis set......if they're good then that's great, but I just don't wanna buy something and be unhappy.....

It was about $25 more..................... it was the new set that memphis came out with. The woofers look like the mojo.

I was personally kinda offened because it was almost as if I was being singled out because I was a young black dude......I told the guy I listen to everything, but he insited on the memphis set......if they're good then that's great, but I just don't wanna buy something and be unhappy.....

Listen for yourself. It is true, there are some speakers that I would not suggest to some people that listen to music, any kind, in a certain type of way. For example I am a huge fan of DLS, but if your intentions are to be heard coming down the block, then they are not the speakers for you. On the other hand if your looking for fantastic sound that is to be enjoyed by you inside the car, then they would be awesome, with any kind of music. What did you tell him you were looking for? The Memphis comps are awesome for the money, but the focals are awesome too. Not every speaker is for everybody.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.