focal 165k2p vs polk sr6500

death metal

Banned
atlanta
listen to mostly metal and industrial. i've listened to some focals a couple of years ago. very lively, and can crank. never been a huge fan of polk, but the SR6500's specs look pretty good. i can listen to these polks locally but not the focals. only shop i know that sells focal dont keep them in stock. i'm looking for solid midbass and can play loud without getting muddy.

SR6500 - Polk Audio 6.5" 2 Way Component System with External Crossover

165K2P UV (Upgraded Version) - Focal 6.5" PolyKevlar Power Components

I have no experience with the Focals, but I owned a pair of the SR's not long ago. I listen to Metal and Punk more often than not, and the SR comps sounded awesome to me...

i was leaning towars the polks because of the easy install. normally i go all out and do some crazy installs. i dont think i could ever match my old image dynamics idq8's matched with neo2 comp horns //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

whats the kick-drum like without running a sub? drop-tune guitar midbass/midrange?
They produce a decent amount of midbass. The tweets sound pretty smooth too. I'm not saying they're the absolute best compnents on earth, but I'd recommend them...

They produce a decent amount of midbass. The tweets sound pretty smooth too. I'm not saying they're the absolute best compnents on earth, but I'd recommend them...
since i've been out awhile, and we got the same taste in music.... if this was your car, what speakers would you go with? even if the polks weren't on the list.

since i've been out awhile, and we got the same taste in music.... if this was your car, what speakers would you go with? even if the polks weren't on the list.
The Polk SR's are the nicest components that I've personally owned, man. I've never had the pleasure of owning Dynaudio, high-end Rainbow or any of the other super expensive audiophile quality stuff.

I know that I'd buy the Dynaudio Esotec System 342 if I had the cash, so I guess I'll go with those. I often lust over the Boston Acoustics SPZ60's too...

The Focal are better speakers, the midbass is outstanding, the tweeters are as clear and detailed as can be and the mids reproduce the vocals like your in a studio live.

The Focal are better speakers, the midbass is outstanding, the tweeters are as clear and detailed as can be and the mids reproduce the vocals like your in a studio live.
i guess you heard both? the focals tweeters sound great above 12k, but they just don't blend like the soft domes. the focals and SR mids are pertty similar and IMO the polk SR is better.. they are a great set..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.