fm modulator

which is better?

• 2 jl 10's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 12" brahma

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
i'm looking at getting an fm modulator, SONY xplod CD MP3 CHANGER CDX-757MX 10 DISC STEREO CHANGERS

i'm buying one of these instead of a regular head unit becuase i've got a taurus, and the bezel costs $150, so i'm opting for a bit cheaper way,

they look really good, and convient, i was wondering had anyone had any experiance with them

also i'm getting a brutus 1000w amp, pushing a 15" adire temptest, what do you guyes think?

when i bought my integra it came with a 10 disc FM modulator, it wasnt the xplod (was an older model). it skipped on almost every bump i hit.

if your opting to get a CD changer instead of a HU, as i understand it, it would be more of a downgrade as far as sound quality goes. the sound has to be converted to FM so it's just like listening to radio quality music.

one of the most important parts of a car audio system is the HU, if you got a great system with a stock HU your just amplifiying/reproducing a bad signal instead of a clean signal that an aftermarket HU would supply. the HU is the wrong place to save money IMO

the main reason i wanted to use a modulator was becuase of the convience of a 10 cd changer, and not having to buy a new bezel and HU for the car, if i did buy a HU i'm looking at alpine 7876 would anyone recommend this or the above mentioned amp and sub or should i look at something else?

if your looking for the convience of a 10 disc CD changer just get a HU that can play MP3's. at 320 KB/sec i can fit ~6 CD's onto one disc.

i dont have any experience with the products you mentioned. i havent heard anything bad about alpine HU's so you probably cant go wrong there. sorry for not being able to help you out otherwise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

tommy_boy_2006

tommy_boy_2006
Los Angeles, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date