Flip down tv, how do you wire the dome lights?? 2 seperate powers needed??

CoilBurner

Banned
Waco
Hey guys, my neighbour has this project going and we need a bit of help.

He bought this flip down tv with a built in dvd player and speakers as well I think. But we modified his factory roof plastic to be flat so this tv could mount to it. I dont quite get the wiring and he doesnt have the manual. Heres a pic of it:

p1010183w.jpg

So its got the longer power and ground and then a harness with a blue/yellow/red and I dont get what either is for (constant, switch, ignition??

The yellow wire had a small tab on the end of it that said "connect light", but I dont understand what that means

If anyone could help me with the 2 red power wires and when they should have power, and this yellow wire. I should be good to go

Thanks guys

power and ground will connect to a switched 12v source and ground. The rest of the wiring is for the domelight. One wire will be constant one will be ground and one will go to the switched wire at the domelight itself

correct. also they may be a jumper fort he light to be either + or - on the unit somewhere.

if you test the dome light wires from the car. one will be constant 12v one will be gnd and one will trigger either pos or neg when the doors are open. if i were you i would download the manual to pdf and print it just to be safe. i have been doing this for years and i always look over the manual just to see if anything is different

Ya sorry guys my neighbour said it didnt come with one but it says right on the unit TRM-9500

The little harness with the blue/yellow/red is what Im concerned with, the thing is, where this unit will be put, there was no dome light, so everything has to be wired myself... I told him Id help, but I also said I had never touched a tv installation lol

It says blue is for grounding, yellow to connect light, red to battery 12V

I dont really understand the connect light part or how to get these lights functioning

He said he bought it on ebay but i couldnt find it on there, but I found it on futureshop

Timeless 9" Car Multimedia Package (TRM 9500) - Future Shop

If there was no dome light there already, I would imagine you dont even have to worry about those wires, unless of course, he wants the dome lights that are built into the unit to work. I am assuming the wire that has you concerned(the one that says connect to light or whatever) is so the dome light built into the unit will turn on automatically when the doors are open, like a normal dome light. If you want it to function this way, you could tap into the front dome light to get that effect.

if there is no dome light in the rear center of the car its pretty easy to add one. you will have to find your door trigger wire or wires and use these to trigger a relay to turn on the dome light. what kind of car is it and i will look up the door trigger wire and location for you and tell you how to wire it up all u need to do is get the manual for the unit and firure out which wire to put the trigger wire on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.