Fixing a Lic. Plate Rattle

DubStyle311
10+ year member

philly
Ony my car, a Lexus GS300, my rear licence plate is rattling like hell. The problem is that their are only two screw holes on the car, so I only have two screws on the top of the plate. Does anyone have and ideas how I can put two more screws in or stop the bottom of the plate from rattleing? I dont think I need to get any sound deadeners yet because I can fix the two rattles on it another way.

Drilling holes into the frame doesnt seem like a good idea. Would some puddy or gum on the bottom of the plate work or would the weather **** it up. I was thinking some kind of adheasive but anything strong enough would probably be tough to get off.

Any idea? I am not looking for a sound deadener

I would superglue it to the bumper if it would stick. I just spent a while out in my trunk supergluing various things so I'm on a super glue kick.

Go to circuit city and buy a 9.99 dollar tsunami license plate sound deadening(spelling?) works greats and just sticks on the back. Its made for license plates too!

Why not just cut up an old mouse pad or two ( thick neoprene kind) , and glue to the back of your license plate. Then mount it, no more rattling license plate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i just took some of that 1.5" wide, .5" deep gasket foam (you know, like for windows and doors?) with the sticky stuff on one side, and stuck it to the back of my liscense plate in a square around the edges. worked fine.

i just took some of that 1.5" wide, .5" deep gasket foam (you know, like for windows and doors?) with the sticky stuff on one side, and stuck it to the back of my liscense plate in a square around the edges. worked fine.
I do the same thing, along with the rubber grommets. Probably cost about $1.75 for the foam and grommets with a bunch left over.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DubStyle311

10+ year member
DubStyle311
philly
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from