Fix JL W6v2s or get new Type Rs

RoachForLife
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
Sorry I know what you're thinking but I'm having trouble deciding. Right now running Alpine pdx 1.1000 amp to two JL W6v2 12". Both have messed up foam surrounds. I didn't realize they had kits to fix so I planned to get two SWR-1223sd alpine to replace.

Anyhow the fix is like 60 bucks and new alpines like 260. This is in a sealed box with about 1.0 cubes per sub. From my understanding the JL is better for sq ans alpine for spl. With that said I've only had the jls before so I can't compare really

I appreciate the help

Definitely fix the W6s, and give them some room to breathe. 1cuft each is a tad small, consider polyfilling the enclosure, or getting a bigger (1.25) one. If you want some serious output out of them, a big ported box is the way to go (if you have the room). Mine are sitting on 4 cubes, 32hz, 64sq of port for the pair. Sound incredible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.