Fitment Question Pt. 2

Participant count
  • Participant list

NissanKicker
10+ year member

Honda-on-22-Nissan-on-20
Well... I spoke to a couple local Enclosure builder's in my area ( who I've actually HEARD & SEEN their work )... And I've decided to make this enclosure a " 2 piece enclosure "...

... I moved the port inbetween the 2 subwoofers b/c it's eliminated the bracing step of this build. ( The port is the Bracing for the middle - center of the enclosure ).

These are the 2 pieces that will be connected:

2piece-blowthrough.jpg

2piece-blowthrough2.jpg

This is the piece #1:

... This piece goes in the opening on the cabin ( right behind the rear seats )

2piece-blowthrough-piece1.jpg

This is the back of piece #1:

... I made it to were I can screw this piece to piece #2. ( lips )

2piece-blowthrough-piece1back.jpg

This is the piece #2:

... This piece goes in behind the first... I made the lips equavalent to the one's on Piece #1. And this piece includes part 2 of the port... I'll be screwing this part in from the front of the enclosure - through the speaker holes.

2piece-blowthrough-piece2.jpg

This is the back of Piece #2:

2piece-blowthrough-piece2back.jpg

NOW! - This is the finished product after it's all connected ( screwed together ):

2piece-blowthrough-connected.jpg

2piece-blowthrough-connected2.jpg

2piece-blowthrough-connected3.jpg

... I'm going to make a trim piece out of card board... and use " Great Stuff " ( expanding foam )... and apply it in the front of the cardboard & behind the cardboard. I'm going to sand the front expanding foam down to almost smooth ( as even as I can make it ) and gorilla glue somemore cardboard that I'm going the wrap in carpet on top of that to make it look good.

... In the back I'm most likely going to make a trim piece out of wood. ( so the expanding foad isn't noticed... and adhesive some carpet over that. )

... My amps and batteries with either by placed on my floor board in the rear of my car ( I'm going to make a false floor and install 1 or 2 fans with vents in the false floor )... or place them on the rear of the enclosure - with the extra battery on the side. )

...WELL! - TELL ME WHAT YOU ALL THINK... I BELIEVE THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN - THIS ENCLOSURE IS GOING TO BE A PERMENANT ENCLOSURE FOR THIS CAR... ( MIGHT CHANGE THE SUBS... ( DOUBT IT ) BUT IT'S A PERMENANT BUILD )

The subs will be:

(2) 12" MA Audio HK12x2's...

... The Amp(s):

(1) MA Audio HK401sx - 1800wrms @ .5 Daily

(2) Autotek AT-2000.1s @ 1ohm Each

* One of the other... *

0/1awg wires to amps... 10ga wires for the subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.