First time installing, retarded problem...help!!!

for my voice coils i took a piece of 12 gauge and connected my two pos terminals together and then another piece of 12 gauge and connected my two neg terminals together. i then connected my speaker wire from pos on sub to pos terminal on amp same for the neg. i did this to achieve a 2 ohm load or am i wrong on this? should i try wiring it in series, which is easier to do even though it will make it an 8ohm load wich i dont even know if the 1200d can make power at that resistance.

EDIT: fixed it. i had my speaker wire coming out of the same voice coil instead of from the seperate coils.

for my voice coils i took a piece of 12 gauge and connected my two pos terminals together and then another piece of 12 gauge and connected my two neg terminals together. i then connected my speaker wire from pos on sub to pos terminal on amp same for the neg. i did this to achieve a 2 ohm load or am i wrong on this? should i try wiring it in series, which is easier to do even though it will make it an 8ohm load wich i dont even know if the 1200d can make power at that resistance.

EDIT: fixed it. i had my speaker wire coming out of the same voice coil instead of from the seperate coils.
sweet. so it was the wiring to the sub? Glad you got everything working.

MMM i just tried it this morning, same problem. i am now going to wire it in series and see if that helps even though it will be at 8 ohms. this is so gank.

You might have fried the amp/speaker by wiring the coils wrong. Shorting an amp is never good.

edit: If you want to take a drive to Pittsburgh I'd be willing to help you out.

gosh dangt. well ive found sumthing else out. my deck is treating my sub like a rear speaker. to get my sub to make bass, i need to fade it all the way to the rear and turn my vol up to 30/35 instead of 16/35. When i do this, my sub moves a fair bit and it acts "normal" im thinking that it must be a signal/deck problem. it still burps between songs. i will explain how my RCA setup is. on my deck, i have 1 red and 1 white rca slot. I have an rca pair of cables. one cable is red and one is black. I connect the red cable to the red slot and the black cable to the white slot. I then connect the red cable to my amp via the red input slot(right) and my black cable to the white inpute slot(left). if this is wrong or if anyone has had a similar issue please help me im f00king desperate.

well if its one of those cheap decks with only 1 set of preamp outputs and no sub control, its ok. Im still not sure how that would work because ive never had a deck like that but I have seen them and installed them. I would give a quick read through the manuel just to see if theres something special u need to do to set it to subwoofer.

its an alpine cmd-9821. its got one set of pre amp outputs. it also does have sub control. i can either turn the sub on or off and it has subwoofer level control. the deck has a bass frequency changer and i just set it to 60 or 80. when my sub is playing, i get no music out of my front speakers but i get both bass and music from my sub. it is retarded. it plays the frequencies its supposed to. i just want to hear music from my speakers and bass from my subwoofer. if anyone is familair with my deck or making it recognize the sub id appreciate it.

id probably try turning off any kind of filters and use the low pass filter on the amp only. see if that will bring back the highs. ive never owned a HU that didnt have a dedicated sub preout so i'll check alpines website and see if i can get a manual

did you press the volume knob in a few times untill it said something about the sub. you can turn the volume knob left and right which turns up a the sub level. you should have it set at +15

ok, i think i may have figured it out. I set my deck to subwoofer on, sub level 15, fade rear to +2, volume at 18-20 out of 35. With this combo i can hear the music from the front and get bass from the back. my subsonic filter is set to 30hz and my low pass is set to 100hz. with this configuration, my sub moves quite a bit and the bass inside the car is alot. mirrors shake, every shakes. my license plate rattles like no tomorow. this would work except i dont feel any bass outside the car. i go in my house and i dont feel anything. its like all my bass is being stored in my car, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. my sub is in a tcab box facing up towards the trunk lid, and when its playing speakerboxx intro or LNT, it barely flexes, yet inside the car everything shakes like mad. My roof doesnt flex at all. i want pennies to jump on my trunk lid. it should be getting 700 watts from my orion 1200d.

the only way i can get more sub output is if i fade it even more to the rear and turn it up more to compensate, but i do not want music coming from my sub, just sub-bass. sorry for the long post, but this is retarded.

basically what im asking is my setup the norm, like did i do what i should have done or is something wrong. the bass shakes the car but its not deep. i cant feel it when im outside the car or in the house. i remember last year someone had a system that i could feel/hear over like 1000ft and over/through a building. i dont know what he had, but i expected a bit more bass from this, like deep WTF IS THAT bass.

If you have the attitude of "i want people to hear my bass" you can just leave.People like you make me sick.
x2... let me fokin sleep at night b!tch.

Why do people spend money on a system and then try to make it a goal to make it louder to all on the outside than to those on the inside???

Just fokin retarded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.