First time installing, retarded problem...help!!!

peepr
10+ year member

today mr. ups brought me my knukonceptz wiring 4gauge wiring kit to go with my orion 1200d and my RE SE12. I hooked it up as i thought was correct, turned on my deck, an alpine which i installed myself, and fiddled with the bass settings( turning on the sub, bass type 1, freq ect..) my problem is that no sound comes from my sub except when i either change songs, and it thumps twice quickly, or when i turn on/off my car. My amp is on, the red power light is on. My amp hp/lp filter settings should be fine, i tuned them according to the manual and all my connections are secure. The thing that is confusing is that when music is playing and i lay my hand on my sub, i can feel it vibrating ever so slightly in tune with the bass of the music. I tried switching my rcas around didnt help. I feel like im close to solving this and i really do not want to resort to best buy to install it. I think either the sub is not getting power during songs, the signal is weak(bunk rcas) or some mystery reason. it is like the sub only gets power when changing songs or powerin on/off the car.

my aim is succulentcarccii if anyone would prefer to chat with me. I work in the same shopping center as BB so its very tempting.

im going to fiddle with it tomorow morning and if it still doenst work ill go and buy a DMM. thanks for the responses fellas.

today mr. ups brought me my knukonceptz wiring 4gauge wiring kit to go with my orion 1200d and my RE SE12. I hooked it up as i thought was correct, turned on my deck, an alpine which i installed myself, and fiddled with the bass settings( turning on the sub, bass type 1, freq ect..) my problem is that no sound comes from my sub except when i either change songs, and it thumps twice quickly, or when i turn on/off my car. My amp is on, the red power light is on. My amp hp/lp filter settings should be fine, i tuned them according to the manual and all my connections are secure. The thing that is confusing is that when music is playing and i lay my hand on my sub, i can feel it vibrating ever so slightly in tune with the bass of the music. I tried switching my rcas around didnt help. I feel like im close to solving this and i really do not want to resort to best buy to install it. I think either the sub is not getting power during songs, the signal is weak(bunk rcas) or some mystery reason. it is like the sub only gets power when changing songs or powerin on/off the car.
my aim is succulentcarccii if anyone would prefer to chat with me. I work in the same shopping center as BB so its very tempting.
What alpine deck is it? Your subwoofer output is turned on correct?

cmd-9821. not the best alpine deck but it gets me through. i think i just have the speaker wires and rca cables in the wrong spots. I should be able to properly look at it tomorow when its light out heh.

Well i hooked my rcas and speaker wires up correctly and a little bit changed. when i turned my gain to about halfway, the sub would putter more/faster. It moved maybe 1 mm at most but there was little to no bass coming from it. How clean does my power wire connection have to be? when i change songs the bass shakes my car which is what i want but from songs. my ground connection is clean and im pretty sure all my filters are set correctly. i will fiddle witht hem later after work >

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.