First attempt at Home theatre.

gymfreak101
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
maryland
Ok been getting the equipment over the last couple of days, and have finally started installing. Been working on this all day by myself, lifting tv and everything. I know the wires are a mess, and I running out to lowes tomorrow after work to get the rest of the stuff needed to hide everything. I would have drilled holes in the walls and ran it that way but I live in military housing so that was not going to happen. I also have to get more coaxial cable because I very badly misjudged that. Any tips would be helpful, I can work on a car all day but this is new to me.

hometheatre001.jpg

hometheatre002.jpg

hometheatre003.jpg

Try spreading your front left and right speakers farther apart. Keep your center channel at roughly (or at least pointed at) the height your head will be at when you are sitting. I usually try and keep my sub in a corner, I usually have the best results with that, but it's not always the case. You may have to play with the positioning of it until you find a happy position.

that tv seems kinda high up....are you watching it from the top bunk?....hdmi cables ....no clutter ftw
it is kinda high but the shelving below it had to be kinda high, my wife runs a home daycare for military families and it has to be a certain amount of inches off the ground because of infants. the bottom shelf needed to be 36 inches from the floor.

put the sub in the corner of the room and clean those cables up!!
it is going in the corner, my sub cable was to short. The cables will be covered tomorrow. and whoever said something about the electronics being stacked the dvr will be on top shelf tomorrow when I get some more coaxial cable.

it is kinda high but the shelving below it had to be kinda high, my wife runs a home daycare for military families and it has to be a certain amount of inches off the ground because of infants. the bottom shelf needed to be 36 inches from the floor.

in that case , figure out a way to keep the little ones from tipping over those front speaker stands

make sure they dont tug on those wires

in that case , figure out a way to keep the little ones from tipping over those front speaker stands
already have thought of this wall anchors and military issue zip ties. Also will be taken care of tomorrow, actually I have to take the speaker stands out in the morning before the kids come.

Get better ****.
nG
the reciever is fine, and I have 700 to spend on the the surround speakers but can't decide what I want and there is not a home theatre store within 50 miles of here to go check anything out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.