First attempt at a ported box using RE's calculator...

chargers
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm pretty much a noob at box building, just asking for a little help.

Tomorrow I'm finishing my sealed HT box for my ava but I have a bunch of spare mdf sitting here because of the bad cuts that home depot and lowes made. I decided I can just cut up the scraps and build a small 12" ported box.

I messed around with the RE enclosure calculator and came up with this box. Can anyone tell me if this will be fine?

I'm aiming for ~2.0 ft^3 @ 32hz. I plan on just making a practice box for a type r or something that also goes well in this box size/tuning.

If this is off, I'll just use one of the free box plans in the sticky.

Thanks.

12portedboxplantyper12.gif

i have bult many boxes using this calculator and i have a term and i have put all these boxes on the term and all was tuned to what i was looking for or what i was building the box to be tuned too,

and for the f 150 i would say you have to measure your space under your seats and get with someone for that cause your goning to need a sub that is able to work well in a small enclosure, just to name a few i know i hate to say but kicker works well lol, pioneer, rd audio, and i think mtx works pretty good too. i have one rd audio 15 right now in an 2.5 cube box sealed and i was doing 140 yesterday so its all in how you build your boxes too good luck bro's hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.