finished my install: who knew it could sound this good?

allyourblood
10+ year member

kill the fakes
after work, i drove to my parents' house to finish my 4ch amp/speaker upgrade. after fighting with the driver side door for an hour, we finally had the last speaker wired up with some nice, new 16ga. anyone who owns a Civic with power windows/locks: using the factory boots/grommets to run the wiring for your door speakers will drive you to madness, but it can be done! this was easily the most pain-stakingly slow portion of my entire install.

i'm now sending my full range speakers 60w each, and it sounds simply amazing. once the buggers started getting full power from my Profile CA440 (thanks again, nosaj070!), the clarity and depth of the music just leapt out at me! no amount of convincing and advice on this forum could really ready me for how much BETTER (and LOUDER!!) my system could be.

to anyone who is considering a nice amp for their front/rear stage: don't hesitate. get out there and do it. once you do, you'll wonder how you ever got by on just the HU.

now i'm left to wonder: if my system can sound this good with just some Sony Implod 3-ways, i wonder how some nice comps and kick panels could do?! thanks to everyone on here who has helped me and answered my questions!

abe m.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. I still want to see what stupid USPS did to the **** amp. Good Luck with everything.

-Jason

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

allyourblood

10+ year member
kill the fakes
allyourblood
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date