Finally getting around to carpeting my odd-shaped box, help???

Gregory
10+ year member

First of all, I'm trying to decide whether I should match the box to my interior's tan color, or just go with a black or standard grey. I think matching tan would be the ****. Input would be appreciated.

Secondly, what type of carpet is the best? And should I just get it from a carpet store?

Thirdly, where can I find a tutorial on carpeting?

And last of all, any specific tips for how I should try to carpet my box? I was thinking one piece to wrap all the way around vertically, and then 2 more pieces, one for each side...what do ya'll think?

Here are some pictures, please imagine the folded-up seat bottom removed.

BoxPlansintruckdrawing.jpg

NewSpeakersandBox021.jpg

Well, I'm also seriously considering black, because I have a XXX with a black cone...and black would look SICK.

But so would a matching tan. That's probably what I'll go with.

Any carpeting tips anybody?

First of all, I'm trying to decide whether I should match the box to my interior's tan color, or just go with a black or standard grey. I think matching tan would be the ****. Input would be appreciated.
Secondly, what type of carpet is the best? And should I just get it from a carpet store?

Thirdly, where can I find a tutorial on carpeting?

And last of all, any specific tips for how I should try to carpet my box? I was thinking one piece to wrap all the way around vertically, and then 2 more pieces, one for each side...what do ya'll think?

Here are some pictures, please imagine the folded-up seat bottom removed.
1. match it if you can find an exact match of the color of your actual carpet. get black if you can't, but don't get grey, it wouldn't look right against tan.

2. personally i think any carpet will do, five-way stretch is good for weird shapes but yours isn't too weird

3. below the answer to this question

4. begin by wrapping one piece all the way around vertically, but it looks like the perimeter of that will be too big for one piece, so you may have to go with two. the width of this piece should be about 2" more on each side so it can overlap. use any spray adhesive to stick it to the main panels, and use a lot of spray adhesive, we don't want it to fall off. i suggest something from 3M at a hardware store that deals with fabrics. after you do the one or two big pteces fold the excess and glue it down to the sides, but on the corners cut away some carpet so that it does not overlap (don't create two layers) then on the sides, once again, glue down the carpet so you have some overlapping and then cut it down so that the carpet ends at the corner of the box, and glue it down into the existing carpet like a mofo.

any other questions i'm on AIM at GCAdidas13 and I will draw pictures if you need them

Brian

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.