Fiberglassing TV

Participant count
  • Participant list

Suhvas2001
10+ year member

Hey Everyone I am new to the fiberglassing and I figured before I try fiberglassing and speaker box I would try a TV. I have a 2001 Ford Expedition and i am planning on mounting the tv on the center consol between the driver and passanger seat. NOT ON THE DASH but inbetween the seats. THe consol is all plastic and i wanted to just mount it at some what of an angle where the driver and passanger could see the screen.

My Question is what am i going to need to do in order to get the fiberglassed box for the tv to stay and not move around. How thick do i need to make this? how much of each material should i buy? Its just a 6.4" audiobahn tv. And maybe while i am making the box i will install tweaters on the sides of the tv just to make it stand out more and sound better. I know this is long but i want to start building this thing saturady. Oh last question i can remember ok when the fiberglass dries its like a white/yellow color and since the consol is plastic and its like a tan color, would it be best to try spray painting the fiberglass after or wraping it in vinal?

THanx

Savas

The thing is i want to do a speaker box for my 12" solo baric and i dont wanna spend the money on the material and mess it all up so i wanna do somethign small and cheep.

Are you talking about the reasin>? Can someone please tell me the best way to start making this i see some people talk about using FOAM and this and that i just need to make a simple thing to mount a 6.4 " tv, I just dont want it to fall apart if someone can give me the best idea to use i would really appriciate it.]

thanx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Suhvas2001

10+ year member
Suhvas2001
Hollywood, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from