Anyone know how warm it has to be to use Bondo Resin?

Pete
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Just as the topic says...

I couldn't find it on the can.

It is going to be in the low 30's f. here for the next couple days.

I have the All-purpose Bondo resin from Home Depot.

Is it warm enough for me to use this lately I'm too impatient to wait //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks

-Pete

Usually products that require chemical drying need at least 45 to 55 degrees. You could do it in your living room, but to be honest, bondo is unfamiliar to me so it could be different.

i wouldn't use any fiberglass type product in doors... the fumes are unbelievably strong, nasty stuff that you don't want in your house

With it being that cold I wouldnt do it, but if you must just add tons of hardener. If you have ever worked with resin you know you add more hardener when it's colder.

Take off your skirt guys Bondo/Plastic is not that bad indoors anyways why wouldnt you use a respirator for the fumes? Try using a fixture with a heating lamp and try and stay away from Bondo Brand its the Kraco Stereos of auto body materials...Chromalite works really well, try your local NAPA...I hope this helps

Robb

Hmmmmm. I just used some bondo the other day and i bet it was in the 20s out (it was snowing). I did it i the garage but the fumes were pretty nasty so i opened th big doors and the stuff still dried quik and hard. and it hasnt mysteriosly disinegrated yet, so i say give it a try.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.