fiberglassing the xxx in

Participant count
  • Participant list

_DjScrew_
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
well my first box turned out great.. except slightly too big. but i can't really go any smaller on height, so i want to fiberglass it into my trunk. does anyone have any recommendations for this in a 1995 Monte Carlo? mostly a daily driver, but will do a little dbDrag. thanks for any help

it's fine on volume, the trunk just isn't high, it's deep. .... i didn't think until now, but i guess if i wouldn't have chose to flush mount the sub, i would have kept an inch or so. ****. but yea i want to know the best way of going about it. thanks for the replys.

your best bet is to fire towards the rear, if you dont have room between the top of the box and the trunk top. you want space between the sub and the wall . You can always do like GCAdidas and mount the subs in your rear deck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif that shits gonna be off the chain.

how mine is, is 2 subs facing the rear in a fiberglass box with 2 4" flared ports. the subs are on the left and right with the ports in the middle of them. If your doing a single XXX I would put the XXX on one side of the rear face and the ports on the other. atleast 2 4" flared ports 4 if you have the room. I dont like slot ports in fiberglass too hard to tune accuratley.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

_DjScrew_

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
_DjScrew_
omaha, nebraska
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date