Fiberglass How To's

for the "normal cloth" you want something really absorbant and strechy like fleece or old sweat pants and then you put the fiberglass on that mold

does uncured resine bond to cured resine?

depends on the kind of resin. Wether it's layup or surfacing. Soooooo what kind are ya using ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nah Im just trying to figure all this stuff out before I think about doin it, that way in the middle of the project Im not like ****.

depends on the kind of resin. Wether it's layup or surfacing. Soooooo what kind are ya using ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
it depends...?? what you mean when you say laup/surfacing? I got bondo resin.

Well sir I mean there are different resins for different purposes. What I call layup resin some companies call laminating. It has wax in it so that when the resin starts to cure, the wax rises to the surface of the resin to seal it from the air so that it will fully cure tack free. This wax must be removed before you put your next layer on so that it will stick. What I refer to as Surfacing resin some companies call molding resin, It does not have the wax in it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif i want fiberglass and more sub's

Instead of using galss cloth and a brush and "painting" on resin and applying matt that can take hours and hours if its a big project and get trickie if you are working wiht a shapley form you can buy fiberglass strands (.5 inch long) in bulk and its a quarter of the cost of chop mat. mix resin and pour in the strands of glass and mix them to a thick gelly consistancy and (with gloves on) use your hands to apply the goop like paste or putty to the inside of your form and it only takes 30 minutes and cost half the money to reinforce even a large and trickey shaoped form or an enclosure....whew that was a long sentence.

saves time and money....and....time=money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.