fi q 12 and a kicker zx1500.1

I don't know how people could recommend so much power for the Q. Maybe I just had a faulty one or something, but they say I blew mine when I was giving it no more than 900rms and then the 2nd problem I had the surround part ripped and I had a cover on it. Strange yes.............I don't recommend nothing more than 1000 in my expierence. Hell I wouldn't send its recommed power.

I don't know how people could recommend so much power for the Q. Maybe I just had a faulty one or something, but they say I blew mine when I was giving it no more than 900rms and then the 2nd problem I had the surround part ripped and I had a cover on it. Strange yes.............I don't recommend nothing more than 1000 in my expierence. Hell I wouldn't send its recommed power.
ive heard your story over and over again, but have you ever thought that you might have just gotten a bad sub? All companies make "duds" sometimes, and i can understand why you wouldnt suggest them, but im just saying that maybe it was just a bad woofer, maybe someone was sick that day and did a shitty job, etc. Just a thought.

Reason i say that is because you are the only person i have ever seen that was unimpressed with their Q.

ive heard your story over and over again, but have you ever thought that you might have just gotten a bad sub? All companies make "duds" sometimes, and i can understand why you wouldnt suggest them, but im just saying that maybe it was just a bad woofer, maybe someone was sick that day and did a shitty job, etc. Just a thought.
Reason i say that is because you are the only person i have ever seen that was unimpressed with their Q.
Umm, did you read where I put I might have gotten a faulty sub?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

So I paid 260 dollars for a "dud." Isn't that nice, not only once, but twice. Yeah ok....................but wait, someone was sick, so don't do your job, is that what you are telling me? That was just a retarded statement. I won't even comment on your statement of doing a shitty job. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I will admit, I am one of the very few that complain about them because I have had 2 bad expierences with them. So I will do it justifably so.

Umm, did you read where I put I might have gotten a faulty sub?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
So I paid 260 dollars for a "dud." Isn't that nice, not only once, but twice. Yeah ok....................but wait, someone was sick, so don't do your job, is that what you are telling me? That was just a retarded statement. I won't even comment on your statement of doing a shitty job. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I will admit, I am one of the very few that complain about them because I have had 2 bad expierences with them. So I will do it justifably so.
No need to be nasty, i certainly wasnt trying to be. And yes, now i see where you put that, and no its definantly not a good reason, but sht happens sometimes, this is the way of the world. Until everything is programmed and made by computers, there will always be human errors. All companies deal with this problem.

A more important question to me would be, how did Fi deal with your problem? How was the customer service?

No need to be nasty, i certainly wasnt trying to be. And yes, now i see where you put that, and no its definantly not a good reason, but sht happens sometimes, this is the way of the world. Until everything is programmed and made by computers, there will always be human errors. All companies deal with this problem.
A more important question to me would be, how did Fi deal with your problem? How was the customer service?
Wasn't trying to be "nasty" as you so called it. Was just stating how I felt, the same way you did to reply to my comment on Fi. Kinda nice to finally see someone saying something after all this time to be honest, lol!

Also Compters make mistakes constantly. So we will always have errors. Remember who makes computers?

Customer service was ok. Took a while to get a hold of Scott, but once I did, I packaged it up and sent it out. Did take about a month to get it back, but I was cool with that. So nothing really bad to say about that. Just time consuming for the most part. I have yet to send it back this time with the ripperd surround cause they haven't answered my questions over at SSA and the one guy here who is a rep I think did, but wants pictures of it, which my camera is shot right now.

I've told you time and time again to get some pictures to me and we'll get you taken care of...

I've never heard another word back from you from i believe January was the last i spoken with you...we've never had a surround rip under normal circumstances. Only time they do pop is when they are moved past their limits well under tuning frequency. Which is why i've told you to snap some pictures of it to save you some money on shipping it back in. However if you want ship it in, we'll take a look at it. Odds are if a sub has broken two times...in the same install...something might be up with the install..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

I can't help you if you don't get me what i need to help you.

Thanks!

-Nick

I've told you time and time again to get some pictures to me and we'll get you taken care of...
I've never heard another word back from you from i believe January was the last i spoken with you...we've never had a surround rip under normal circumstances. Only time they do pop is when they are moved past their limits well under tuning frequency. Which is why i've told you to snap some pictures of it to save you some money on shipping it back in. However if you want ship it in, we'll take a look at it. Odds are if a sub has broken two times...in the same install...something might be up with the install..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

I can't help you if you don't get me what i need to help you.

Thanks!

-Nick
Umm is there some problem with you understanding I don't have my camera up and running. I will have to borrow a crappy one to take the pics, which I don't know it if will do it justice. I also replied back to you in that thread and even made a thread over at SSA that didn't get answered and even mentioned I talked to you over here. I am to the point where I just wanted to get info to send the sub back to get reconed, but starting to not give a **** to be honest.

? If it was install, then how come my CVX, which is rated at 750rms is doing fine in same box, same amp, haven't touched a thing, except swapping out subs. Been over 2 weeks now and no stinky smell like I had with the Q's, no bottoming out sound that I had with the Q's that you informed me I blew one of the voice coils. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif On 900rms, not even giving it it's rms rating? Here I am giving the CVX over the rated rms power and is taking it like a champ. So it's the install, lol! Ok is whatever you say it is.

Like I said numerous times, maybe I just got a 260 dollar faulty sub, which you know according to other people it just happens. Thats nice to know.

If you could give me a price to recone it, great, if not I am not really worried about it and chalk it up to a lesson learned. I am willing to pay to get it reconed, but only to sell the sub to someone who could maybe put it in a proper install, lol!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.