Fi Neo prototype anyone?

They've already stated, many times, that they will not use the purchased TC style frame on an Fi product. You guys can beat your drums every few months about it if you want, but I doubt you will change their minds. And I have no idea why everyone is talking all hush hush about the TC basket, its public info that they own it.
As for a proprietary frame to set them apart from the other manufacturers, that is EXACTLY JL Audio's business model, and what do you all do about JL Audio? Bitch about their prices. You guys can say you expect a custom basket now, but I bet you'll be the first ones to complain if Fi did it and raised their prices to cover more and more proprietary parts that have no difference other than aesthetic.

Hell, JL Audio is not even the best example, the same people at Fi tried your idea, proprietary baskets. Massive, beautiful, capable of massive excursion. What am I talking about? The 06 RE XXX and MX. Yeah, those models, and their prices, really went over well with this crowd, right?

I dont think some of you realize the consequences of some of your requests/expectations.
All I'm saying is it's a fancy ass sub with a plain jane 12 spoke basket. That's it. It runs no deeper. I wouldn't be interested in buying it no matter what basket it has, because I don't own a vehicle that I could use it in either way...

All I'm saying is it's a fancy ass sub with a plain jane 12 spoke basket. That's it. It runs no deeper. I wouldn't be interested in buying it no matter what basket it has, because I don't own a vehicle that I could use it in either way...
Aesthetics mean too much to you then imo. If you want some unique proprietary basket, there's always RF or Memphis.

I like the move towards neo magnets, subs are getting so heavy these days that a stereo has a guaranteed negative impact on mpg and handling. Saving 10+ pounds per sub would be nice.
Not really though. Think about. Neo subs are higher powered. So losing 10 pounds per subs means 10 more pounds added to the amp to push it and the 100 lb batts needed to power that amp. So to lose 10 pounds going to one of the better neo subs available such as the warden, 95z or one of these means 100+ lbs atleast extra added to make it right.

So, this is a thread on baskets amirite?

But seriously...

And yet they can't pay for a custom tooled basket. Hmmm....
I'll pass on that.

DC Level 6 basket? Hideous.

Very odd that Nick didn't post it here. or is it?
No, because people like you would consider that "advertising" here and you'd start accusing him of being like Ant, you bigoted faggot.

I'll pass on that.
DC Level 6 basket? Ugh.
You mean this basket?

33pg8bs.jpg

I think it looks fantastic.

Also, the 12 spoke basket doesn't look good on everything. There are pics in the first post of this very thread that're concrete proof. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not a fan. Just sayin'. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Can't argue with this man when it comes to DC //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Glad i'm not caught up on a brand....good feeling

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.