Fi BTL-N3 12" D2 BNIB $390

dragonrage
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Item(s) for Sale:

(1) Fi BTL-N3 12" subwoofer, brand new in original box

Item(s) Description/Condition:

10/10 - Never used or installed

My cousin and I ordered this for his car, but we screwed up and got the N3 when the N2 would have been better for our application. Fi wants to charge us a 30% restocking fee to send it back, so we would rather just sell it here. This has never been hooked up to power other than any testing Fi did. It has only been out of the box to take pictures.

This is the dual 2 ohm version. It has a blue dustcap. It has the "5" spider and no cooling option. MSRP currently $484 and has a 10-14 day build time. Save $100 and skip the wait!

Price:

$390 + shipping firm. The only trades I really want at the moment are Exodus Audio "X2" subwoofers, particularly Shiva-X2 and Tempest-X2, but feel free to inquire about other trades. Edit: Also looking for a nice laptop 13" to 15.6", Core 2 Duo 45nm (Penryn), Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 processors only. No Core Duo, Merom, AMD anything please.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item will be shipped from Massachusetts via whatever method is cheapest to you. Or you can ask for a specific carrier if you want. You're paying for the shipping. It's heavy and shipping is going to be over $50 - Possibly even upwards of $75 depending on where you are. Price of shipping will include pickup from my house, as I can't take time off of work to lug it down to a shipping center. Exception is FedEx which I will drop of for free.

Feel free to ask for shipping quotes, giving me your zip code.

Item Pictures:

fin3-1.jpg

fin3-2.jpg

(I just noticed that the magnet apparently attracted a little wire tie when I took it out to take the picture... Freebie? haha. Goes to show how powerful this motor is!)

I do not yet have feedback on this site but I do have feedback at Heatware from other forums. I do have my username on this forum listed under my Heatware account: ddfromma | HeatWare.com

The rules say to include feedback link here... I have none here yet, but I'll include it anyway so hopefully my thread doesn't get deleted: dragonrage

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
That motor looks like it came off of a spaceship

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Is this the future???

yeah I know it looks really funky. It's the latest BTL series from Fi... N3 has 3 magnets. N2 has 2 of those. N1 is not out yet but it will have 1 of those.

Why not so good for daily? I mean I know its an SPL oriented sub but is it that bad daily?
Don't mind that. Nick from Fi specifically told us that it is fine to use and play music on as a daily - just that the magnet force is very strong and the frequency response won't be too flat at the bottom end. It can be equalized out with a parametric EQ or MiniDSP. Nick says most people won't even notice. I don't know if that part is true or not. I can't tell you if you would notice it or not.

People keep saying burping only' date=' no cooling, but who are they to say that when Fi is saying that's not the case? Please don't respond here if that's what you want to say. I'm not going into your threads and telling people not to buy your stuff.

If you want it, BnR, let me know, if not, that's okay too.

--BEGIN PASTE OF (PART OF) EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE WITH NICK--

Thanks for your quick response, that is good news! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif What would be the cost/process for swapping this N3 for an N2?

Would you be able to explain to me what you mean by motor force and the negative impact it may have? Length of life? My main concern is sound quality and the ability to "go low" can you offer any recommendations to get the best/most use out of it if i need to keep it?

It won't explode or anything if you play music on it..

In our opinion it has too much motor force for a daily driving and musical scenario. The N2 is more ideal.

So is the large aluminum ring missing around the coil ? If it's got a solid core and wide open spaces around the coil should cool just fine.
I can check and answer this when I get home from work if you tell me what I should be looking for... Am I just checking to see if the coil is visible through the gaps between the magnets?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.