FI 15BTL comparable to a XXX15?

ShRapNeR
10+ year member

Ride With Me
Hey guys, i browsed the boards a while back, learned lots of cool stuff, made my purchase of a 15XXX feeding it 1800 from a Hifonics Brutus 1800d at 1ohm

now, its been very good to me over the past two years, still sounds excellent and still gets plenty loud enough for me.

anyways, i started frequenting the forums more here lately, and i've been reading about FI subs and how everyone likes them ect ect..

my question is how does a FI 15BTL compare to an XXX15? i see you can give them about the same power for daily driving, and i could use the amp i had if i purchased a dual2ohm instead of 1, but would it be worth the trouble to change?

just wanting some opinions, also i've heard and read somewhere that i'm not actually getting 1800 watts from the hifonics amp, that its more like 1683 or some shiz, if i were to upgrade amps, and keep the xxx that i have, what amp would you guys recomend i power it with? price not so much of an issue below 500 if possible, also like to keep it 1800-2000 watts, as for its daily driven..

thanks guys

revising my question into a vs. lol i hate too.

between the two which would get louder? or would they be about the same,

i read they don't compare, but which is better,,, knowing both are great and i since i already own 1 of them, would it be worthwhile to change over to a btl (upgrade?) or would i just be better off keeping what i have

BTL's are louder....XXX's sound better
X2

With twice as much power, the BTL will be a lot louder.

Never heard a BTL, but since I do know the background, I will say in the right box, it will still sound GREAT, and should have a lot more output in the upper bass frequencies that you really feel pounding your chest.

Brian

X2
With twice as much power, the BTL will be a lot louder.

Never heard a BTL, but since I do know the background, I will say in the right box, it will still sound GREAT, and should have a lot more output in the upper bass frequencies that you really feel pounding your chest.

Brian
my box is 3.5^3 at 35hz, i'd like to build another around 4 cubes 32-35hz ish

i know the xxx is meant for SQ that will get loud, and it gets plenty loud,

i dunno lol. i guess my sub boner came back and just want something new, or something changed, maybe i'll build a new box. and upgrade my amp to about a 2000 watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i read they don't compare, but which is better,,, knowing both are great and i since i already own 1 of them, would it be worthwhile to change over to a btl (upgrade?) or would i just be better off keeping what i have
AGAIN- you CANNOT compare the two. not even close to the same type of subs... btl is an spl sub that people pretend sounds good, the other one is an sql sub. not even close to the same sub....

The myth that a BTL cannot sound good is nothing more then that...a myth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Sounds **** good in the home theater...enough to really make the neighbors LOVE me as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

AGAIN- you CANNOT compare the two. not even close to the same type of subs... btl is an spl sub that people pretend sounds good, the other one is an sql sub. not even close to the same sub....
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

You've owned one correct?

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ShRapNeR

10+ year member
Ride With Me
ShRapNeR
Fort Payne, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date