Faulty amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ninja_Turtle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA
I have a two ch. profile CA amp and all the sudden it has been causing my speakers to make a annoying engine whine noise. I try using hooking up different RCA to it and it immediately shuts off . Its grounded to the vehicle's chassis ( same place my subwoofer amp is) so I don't think its a bad ground. Could it be the amp is broken??

There's a thread on here about how to ground RCAs. Not sure how accurate it is, but it is said that it tends to happen when you mess with RCAs while the amp/HU is powered up.

The rca's are grounded to the HU. The whine only happens when I hook up the Profile amp to the Front RCA. I can hook up my sub amp to my front Ch. and no whine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.