false floors

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wowimzz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey guys, i think im just going to build a false floor today, but i need some guidance. How should i go about doing this? Should i just make a mach up on cardboard and transfer it over to some plywood? This false floor will hopefully keep everything in my trunk in place. im tired of everything sliding, I dont want to put more holes in my trunk, and the wires all loose and free to roam in my trunk.

hey guys, i think im just going to build a false floor today, but i need some guidance. How should i go about doing this? Should i just make a mach up on cardboard and transfer it over to some plywood? This false floor will hopefully keep everything in my trunk in place. im tired of everything sliding, I dont want to put more holes in my trunk, and the wires all loose and free to roam in my trunk.
if you want to make it match up perfectly, cardboard mock up is the right start!

I use loose leaf or plain printer paper to help with some of the contours. Then i transfer that to the card board, so i don't make too many mistakes on the cardboard.

Also helps to use a sheetrock cutter.

alrighty, thanks guys. i've got stuff somewhat hidden now- i just cut some holes in my carpet and ran them under it, and yea i do have carpet. I never even thought about that- think smart not hard eh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.