fail

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
Just went to go get my truck inspected and didnt pass. First thing they did was check out the tints and the light meter read 4%. I tried to play dumb so they might let me off the hook or something but they didnt...at least they didnt charge me anything. My buds dad owns a pretty low key inspection/tire place maybe I can pass there. I def. dont want to peel off the tint. I have passed many many cops and have never had a problem with my tints (5% all around expect windshiled).

im not too big on super dark tint. i cant see **** at night out my windows lol. i stuck with the barely legal if you know what i mean //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just went to go get my truck inspected and didnt pass. First thing they did was check out the tints and the light meter read 4%. I tried to play dumb so they might let me off the hook or something but they didnt...at least they didnt charge me anything. My buds dad owns a pretty low key inspection/tire place maybe I can pass there. I def. dont want to peel off the tint. I have passed many many cops and have never had a problem with my tints (5% all around expect windshiled).
tell the guy his batt in the meter is dieing if he dont have another batt for it he might let it slide. thats what i did. also mentioned that the cops checked it already and they said it was ok. i got my sticker. guy just told me dont tell the cops where you got the sticker. his batt was dieing in his meter for real my tints where reading at 13% i know i am on the line but not that low. the meters are always off by 4% thats from a cops mouth

i dont know how dark you can go where you live but here its 35 no darker my are 22 4 doors and 15 back window.

Same. At least we don't have inspections here.

well it was a nice kwik lube type place so i doubt they would let me get by anyways. Need to get a shitty little place and tip 'em lol

roll into station with windows down all ways works for me
man I thought about that and I rolled them down a little past half way and they still checked it. Im rolling them down next time.

Half way they can tell all the way most of the time wont even think about it I go to a place in irving so if they wont do it here let me know

alright ill let u know if I cant find anywhere. there is this place in arlington by UTA that will prob do it.

well it was a nice kwik lube type place so i doubt they would let me get by anyways. Need to get a shitty little place and tip 'em lol
roll into station with windows down all ways works for me
that never worked for me they always roll them up on me.

if you want really dark tints keep the dark part down 3 inches from top of window and put legal tints the rest of the way up i.e 20% up to 3 inches from top and a secont layer of tint thats legal all the way up. they cant test with the meter that slides on top of the window past 3 inches. i used to do that all the time. and it works even with the cops.

that never worked for me they always roll them up on me.
if you want really dark tints keep the dark part down 3 inches from top of window and put legal tints the rest of the way up i.e 20% up to 3 inches from top and a secont layer of tint thats legal all the way up. they cant test with the meter that slides on top of the window past 3 inches. i used to do that all the time. and it works even with the cops.
**** thats a good idea but I dont think I can do tints by my self. I would need to buy some 20% and cut some 5% off

i think darker is better i dont like to be seen in my car. 22% crome is not that dark you just cant see in i can see out fine
I like being to be seen in my car...like when there's a fine lady around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif or when someone lets you in front of them in traffic, to wave like a nice fellow. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Except I can't, because I know they won't see me.

But I don't like my equipment to be seen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bobby322

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Bobby322
TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date