factory or not

Mercureie
10+ year member

Stay in S-C-H-O-O-L
i put in my subs when i still had a factory head, but now im lookin to put in some new speakers. Now, should i replace the head too, or would that jus cause too many problems in installation seeing as my subs were put in there before?

My 2 cents is to get a after market head unit. As liwaj79 has already said, they have much better tweaking abilitys which will make your music sound so much better. They also have better sound quality and there are no factory head units that can compete with the amount of features that a after market head unit has. Hope that helps:)

Aftermarket all the way. It is a hell of a lot easier to do wrather than dealing with that factory head you have now.

If you want to stay with the factory head unit and you do not want to do a line out converter. Pull your head unit and take it to a near by tech. I have had rcas dropped off two of my factory decks and it sounds great! The tech will grab the signal at the preamp side before the factory amp. This is great if a person has stearing wheel controls. Just a little fyi, and the cost is not bad at all!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.