F/S AMD QUAD CORE 9950 PHENOM X4 Processor BNIB

Participant count
  • Participant list

aeroportspwn
10+ year member

mmmm aeroports
FL
Up for sale is a Brand New In Box Amd Phenom X4 Black Edition quad core 9950 PROCESSOR.

Specs: 2.6Ghz Quad Core cpu, 4.0 MB Total L2+L3 Cache, Socket AM2+.

I build computers every now and then for customers, family and businesses and I had this one left over just sitting in my closet that I would like to sell.

This processor goes anywhere from about $169 to anywhere to about $200 depending where you buy it from. The Black Edition is better suited for Overclocking if you ever wanted to Overclock this processor but this cpu on a decent mobo, and ram will be more than fast enough without overclocking it at all.. It's a very good upgrade if you have a dual core amd processor at the moment and want to upgrade to something faster, just make sure your motherboard supports this processor.

This cpu is also a good choice if you wanted to build a rig around it.

You could get a cheap mobo for $50-$60, 4gb ram for $60-$65, Decent power supply for $40, and get a decent cheap case for $25-$30, nice big harddrive for $50-$75 and have a nice desktop computer. Most people have an operating system disk laying around and most motherboards have built in graphics so you wouldn't have to get an extra/faster video card unless you are a gamer. This CPU is more than enough for a gaming computer you just need to get a high end video card to match up with this cpu.

Price $135 + shipping.

This is a very good price.

dscn0987f.jpg

dscn0989m.jpg

dscn0984j.jpg

dscn0986f.jpg

dscn0985q.jpg

will they work in laptops?
no the laptops normally have the Socket S1 PGA-638 and they would have an N in the CPU series like example "Phenom II X4 Quad-Core N930 Processor". In the past some desktop cpu's would work in laptops and vice versa but not anymore. Also the power consumption for the desktop chips is a lot more than the laptop chips.

The CPU that I have is for Desktop computers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

aeroportspwn

10+ year member
mmmm aeroports
aeroportspwn
FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies